Chapter 8

Soo Mi's POV

I was dealing with the most embarrassing moment in my life. It's been two weeks after the 'incident' with Tae, and we've begun practicing for the MAMAs. Not to mention I had to endure a hell load of teasing. 

Today's the second day of practice. We reached earlier than usual so PD-nim told us to take our time with the makeup and the other stuff. Since we had more time, I decided to talk with my stylist unnie, Kang Suzy. But little did I know it was getting recorded by the staff to be shown to the boys. 

(A/N: The parts in Italics would be the video the boys are being shown and the normal text would be their reaction.)

"Unnie, can you hand me that bottle of water?" I pointed at the water bottle and Unnie immediately handed it to me while doing my hair. "So," I hummed when she started talking, "Tae kissed you, hm?" I choked on the water and began coughing violently. 

She patted my head before I turned to her, totally SHOOK. "How- how did you-" "

Jungkook told me," Unnie smirked lightly, causing me to flush darkly. I glared intensely at the floor, "Idiot. I'll kill him before practice. Jeon Jungkook, you better beware!"

Taehyung blushed lightly while Jungkook gulped visibly when I glared at him. The others burst into fits of giggles, causing me to glare.

"Change the subject please," I attacked unnie with puppy-eyes through the mirror. She smiled but before she could say anything, my phone started buzzing. I checked the caller ID and immediately rolled my eyes. It was Sung Jihyun, a distant cousin of Tae's who was the same age as him and had an enormous crush on him. I put the phone on speaker mode and set it down on the table before attending it. 

"Yes, Jihyun?"

"Soo Mi!! Where's Taehyungie?" Here goes. I rolled my eyes before replying, "He isn't with me. Why do you ask?" "I wanted to talk to my Tae," I narrowed my eyes as she said that. Exerting claim, hm? I bit my lip hard out of anger before replying, "If you wanted to talk to him, you should've called HIM not me, sweetheart." "

"But-"

"Sweetie, I know you want to date him, marry him, spend your whole life with him and all that crap, but you should bother HIM instead of me for that. Who knows, perhaps if you bug him more, he might even agree to date you!" I laughed before continuing in a dry tone, "Now I have to prepare for our practice. Call him and bug HIM, will you?" I cut the call before she could say anything, and rolled my eyes while Suzy Unnie started chuckling. 

"Unnie I need to show you something!" I shouted enthusiastically.

Suzy unnie paused the video at this. Everything was silent for a while before everyone burst out laughing again, causing me to bury my face into my knees. When I looked up, Tae turned towards me and accused, "So that's the reason she called me and laid a few thousand marriage plans in front of me! How could you, petal, how could you?" I laughed softly at his melodramatic acting skills before turning back to the screen. 

"This was what she showed me," Suzy unnie said before showing us an image on her phone.

I turned white from head to toe. It was a fanart image from a webtoon I had seen, drawn by one of our precious ARMYs. The picture depicted Tae caressing my cheek while leaning in slowly towards me. Both of us looked flushed and I had my eyes downcast. I buried my face into my hands, groaning. 

Before everyone began laughing, I shot up to explain. "I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT! OH MY GOD, I JUST WANTED TO SHOW HER HOW TALENTED OUR FANS ARE I SWEAR I DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING BY IT!"

Instead of preventing them from laughing, it triggered them to laugh until Jungkook was rolling on the floor, howling with laughter. When I looked up at Tae, he was laughing too, so I relaxed and asked unnie to play the rest of the video.

"You never told me how the guys found out about the-" she broke off at my warning glance before continuing, "About the incident?" I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time that day before answering, "I thought they found out by just looking at us, but actually, Jimin had seen us. And he told the rest of the guys." I pouted and scrunched up my nose, causing unnie to coo.

"Another thing. Promise you won't get upset?" I nodded after looking curiously up at her. She continued, "Why do you hate Jihyun so much?" I froze completely. That was a touchy topic for me. I gulped. "You're right; I do hate her," my voice wavered before I continued; 

"She-she hurt him! She told him he didn't deserve to be in BTS, he was a disgrace to their family; when in reality she was the most embarrassing thing that could happen to any family. How could she say those things? He broke down the moment she left. That was the first time someone had made him cry; and that too, in front of me. Usually, he's the one to hold me when I cried, but this time it was the other way. He-he cried so much that day that I promised myself, anyone who hurts someone, as-as precious as my best friend, doesn't deserve to even talk to him." I pinched my nose before continuing, "That's why I hate her so much, unnie. She hurt him; she hurt my Tae."

Everything fell silent as the video ended. I bit my lip before slowly turning to look at Tae. He didn't say anything, neither did the others. But what took me aback was when he suddenly hugged me. "A-are you crying?" I asked him, and he shook his head furiously. I chuckled before wrapping my arms around him.

Suddenly, PD-nim came into the practice room, asking to talk to me and Tae. We went to another room so we could talk in private. "What is it, PD-nim?" Tae asked, and he answered, "Someone told me you guys were dating?" 

"WHAT? NO!!!!" We denied it at the same time and blushed when he smiled softly. "Then what about the kiss?" He asked. Taehyung immediately announced, "It was a mistake!" Ouch. I don't know why but that hurt. Bang left after inquiring about the dance practices.

I rolled my eyes. "I know who did this."

"Who?"

"JEON JUNGKOOK."

*****************

I and Jiminie had to stay back at the studio for some corrections in the choreography. When we were about to leave the building, Jimin said, "Taehyung-ah said sorry." I was beyond surprised. "Why? He apologized many times that day and I forgave him immediately too! I was equally at fault about the kiss!" I exclaimed. Jimin smirked before replying, "Not for that." When I tilted my head to the side questioningly, he said,

"Not for kissing you. For saying it was a mistake."

A/N: Hello ARMYs! Sorry for not posting last week. I was busy with my other book and a whole load of school stuff. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Borahae!