• Chapter Forty-Five •

Lady Bridgerton entered the study later that morning and placed Lady Whistledown's latest gossip column on the desk, causing Anthony to look up from his work.

"We have to deal with the Featheringtons and the Miss Thompson nonsense." The matriarch said.

The Viscount nodded his slowly as he scanned through the gossip column in his hand. "Indeed.." He agreed.

"Now, my eldest son kisses Lady Hastings." She continued, clearly stressed over the events that had happened over the last couple of days. "Not to mention that she was seen leaving your home! More scandal.." She sighed tiredly.

The eldest Bridgerton placed the column down on the desk, and stood from his seat and approached his mother.

"Mother.." He said softly. "Katherine and I are married.."

Lady Bridgerton stared at her eldest child in silence, not knowing whether he was serious or not.

"She is your wife?" She asked slowly.

A smile graced his lips as he nodded his head. "Yes." He answered.

Soon, a smile appeared on the matriarch's face before she cupped his face between her hands. "Look how happy you are.." She gushed, making him chuckle softly. "I am disappointed that I was not invited to the wedding but look at your smile."

She dropped her hands from his face only to pull her son into a warm embrace with him gladly returning it as he rubbed her back.

"We wanted to have an intimate wedding." He responded. "Just the two of us.. But I am sure that we will have a proper ceremony with the family present."

"Congratulations, dear." The matriarch said, smiling happily as she pulled away from her eldest child. "This is the most happiest that I have seen you."

Another soft chuckle escaped from him. "Thank you, Mother." He replied appreciatively and kissed her cheek.

The news had spread to the family with haste as Violet Bridgerton was overwhelmed with pure happiness that her eldest child had finally found true love

"Anthony is married to Lady Hastings?" Hyacinth asked with excitement laced in her voice just as Katherine entered the drawing room.

All eyes turned to her and she let out a soft smile. "My apologies.." She apologised. "Humboldt invited me in."

"Is it true, Lady Hastings?" The youngest of the Bridgerton children asked as she ran up to her sister-in-law.

The young lady smiled down at the young girl. "About your brother and I?" She questioned.

"Yes!" Hyacinth exclaimed excitedly. "Are you two married?

She nodded her head, giggling softly at the excitement of the young girl. "Yes." She answered.

"Another sister!" The youngest exclaimed and hugged her new sister-in-law around her waist, causing for Katherine to kneel down to her height to hug her properly.

A soft chuckle was heard causing all eyes to turn to Anthony as he entered the drawing room.

Katherine turned her gaze and smiled brightly at her husband. "Hi, darling." She greeted.

"My love." He greeted with a smile of his own. "I had to tell my mother. She deserved some good news from the events that took place recently."

"Oh, so you have read Lady Whistledown." The Viscountess replied with a grin. "It seems that our kiss did not go unnoticed. But unfortunately for our famous gossip writer, we are married and I can kiss your lips as many times as I choose fit."

"Hmm.." He hummed softly with a chuckle.

"Please, do not." Gregory said with a look of disgust on his face, making the newlyweds let out a soft laugh.

Anthony reached over and ruffled his youngest brother's hair playfully. "You will know what it is like to be in love one day, little brother." He said with a fond smile.

Katherine smiled at them and looked up at her husband with admiration. Feeling her gaze on him, he turned his head, staring down at her with a smile before he pulled her closer to his side as she placed her head against his shoulder in contentment.

"I have so many questions to ask." The youngest of the Bridgerton siblings said. "Was the proposal romatic?"

"I suppose the second time was a charm." The young lady answered with a smile. "He was quite nervous the first time, rambling on but I said yes. The second time, I had asked him to marry me.. Last night to be specific. We raced to the altar and were wed the say day."

"How romantic!" Hyacinth swooned.

Katherine smiled and turned her gaze to her husband. "It was no perfect beginning but it was quite a happy ending for us." She said.

"Indeed." The Viscount responded and lightly kissed her cheek.