• Chapter Forty-Four •

The newlyweds lied tangled in the sheets as they stared at one another with admiration.

"Viscountess Bridgerton." Anthony whispered to her as a soft smile graced his lips.

"Husband.." She repeated with a smile, only making his broaden.

He brought his hand up and placed it against her cheek where he began stroking it lightly with his thumb. "I must be dreaming.." He said. "You are my wife.."

"Now we will never part again.." She replied.

"Ever again.." He stated. "It is us against the world and anyone who will try and separate us."

A bright smile graced her lips and soon a knock was heard at the door.

The couple looked over before the young lady got up from the bed and quickly threw her nightdress and robe over her exposed body. As she tied her robe, the Viscount, too, had gotten up and threw on some clothes before they both headed downstairs towards the front door where the knocking had persisted.

"Viscount, I heard what had happened with you and Lady Hastings.." Siena's voice spoke from the opposite end of the door. "Please, let me in, Anthony."

Glancing at each other, the eldest Bridgerton gave his wife a brief nod before she opened the door.

The soprano smiled towards Anthony, only for it to completely disappear once she saw Katherine.

"I thought I got rid of you." She said with a glare.

"Well, it is not Lady Hastings anymore." Katherine began with a sweet smile as she stared her husband's clingy ex-lover down. "It is Viscountess Bridgerton. I am married now and therefore, the secret is no longer valid. Now, please, stay away from my husband."

"And do not even dare threaten my wife again." Anthony added before the door was closed in Siena's face.

"Hmm.." Katherine hummed softly. "Is it me or have you become more attractive?" She asked, wrapping her arms around her husband's neck.

"I could say the same about you." He responded as he drew her body closer towards his.

"Say it again.." She said softly, tugging her bottom lip between her teeth.

The Viscount knew what she was referring to and smiled down at her. "My wife.." He whispered, leaning his forehead against hers.

She giggled softly and leaned into his embrace. "I am glad that I have you back.." She said. "I should have told you sooner."

"I agree," He replied. "But what matters most is that we are together again.. And married." He added.

"But I never wanted to rush you into marriage or let alone, hurt your family.." The Viscountess responded. "You are my family too and I will always protect you. We have already lost our baby.. I just hope that we will never have to lose each other.."

The eldest Bridgerton lightly kissed her lips, as if to assure her that nothing would come to that.

"We will never have to find out.." He said and stroked her cheek. "It is us together from this day and well into forever."

"Hmm.." She hummed softly with a grin before she led him back towards the bedroom.

" She hummed softly with a grin before she led him back towards the bedroom

"I shall ask Jefferies to have my belongings moved to your home." Katherine said, her arm hooked with Anthony's as they exited his home together later that morning.

"I shall see to it that eveything is ready for your arrival." He responded with a smile.

The new Viscountess let out a smile before she noticed that a few people of the ton began whispering amongst themselves as they glanced at the couple.

"Shall we give them something to look at?" She asked, shifting her gaze onto her husband.

"Hmm, you have read my mind." The Viscount responded and brought her in for a kiss, earning a few gasps in response from those who had witnessed the entire ordeal.

She let out a soft giggle as she pulled away slowly, opening her dark brown gaze to meet his brown awaiting ones.

"See you later, darling." She said and took a few steps back, away from him.

"Most definitely." He replied with a grin only for it to broaden as she waved her hand, showing off not only her engagement ring, but her wedding ring on her left finger.