• Chapter Twenty •

The following morning, Anthony lied beside Katherine as he admired just how peaceful her features appeared while sleeping.

A few curls had fallen into her face and he slowly reached forward and moved it away from her face by gently tucking it behind her ear.

Of course, his actions had caused for her to stir until her dark brown eyes opened and settled on his smiling face.

"Morning.." He greeted and took her hand into his and placed a kiss on the inside of her wrist.

"Hmm.." She hummed sleepily, yet happily. "Good morning.." She responded.

With a smile, the Viscount leaned down and began showering her face with kisses resulting in loud giggling to fill the entire bedroom.

"You are making it most difficult to leave." She said as she wrapped her arms around him while he hovered over her.

"Hmm, that is the plan." He replied with a mischievous grin as he continued his acts.

Her giggles echoed the room. "Well it is a foolish plan.." She responded. "We will surely be caught."

The dark haired man let out a small whine as he fell onto his back, while the dark haired girl propped herself up on her elbow.

"What is the matter, my love?" She asked.

He turned towards her with a childish pout. "I do not want you to leave." He answered.

"Nor do I wish to leave." She responded and placed a gentle kiss to his lips. "But we have so much at stake.. For your sister's name as well as mine.."

Anthony let out a dramatic, heavy sigh before finally giving in. "Oh, alright." He said, the childish pout still evident.

Katherine giggled as she got up from the bed and crossed the bedroom to get her clothes. "Come now, you will be seeing me at Somerset House this afternoon." She said with a smile.

Katherine stared at the wall of paintings and admired some of the artists work

Katherine stared at the wall of paintings and admired some of the artists work. This was clearly her element as she adored sketching and painting herself.

She was so absorbed into the various paintings that she hadn't heard Anthony come up from behind her until he spoke.

"Looking lovely as always." The Viscount whispered in her ear.

"Thank you." She giggled softly and glanced over her shoulder to look at him. "You certainly do look handsome as always."

He smiled at her before he turned his attention to the artwork on the wall. "Why do I not see any of your beautiful work?" He asked.

"Because you have the first piece." She responded.

"And I do adore it." He said. "Do you really see me in that likeness?" He questioned.

She smiled, nodding her head to answer his question. "And I got inspiration from our game of hide-and-seek last night." She said.

"Oh?" He looked at her with an intrigued smile.

"You are my muse, Viscount." She responded with a grin before her eyes landed on Benedict, who eyed the various paintings.

Katherine took hold of Anthony's arm and together, they made their way over to the second eldest sibling of the Bridgerton family.

"Lord Bridgerton." The young lady smiled politely. "Where is your work?" She asked as her eyes briefly scanned the wall.

"My work?" Benedict repeated. "Oh, they are nothing compared to these."

"Nonsense!" She tutted. "Your brother gives high regards to your work."

The Viscount nodded in agreement as he smiled at his younger brother, all while he stared between the couple.

"Maybe next year." The second eldest replied. "It is just that.. Whenever I draw, my lines are not what I want them to be.."

Katherine merely shook her head with a soft smile and leaned forward slightly. "The biggest critic that one can ever have, is only themselves, my lord." She said before she turned towards Anthony with a smile. "Walk with me, my love?" She asked.

"Of course." Anthony responded, smiling down at her and greeted his brother before they walked further down the hallways of the house and gazed at the other artwork.