NINETEEN ✴ No Longer A Secret

Hours had gone by to the point where Mila had fallen asleep again along with everyone else. It wasn't a very comfortable sleep lying on the hard concrete floor, but she was so tired of waiting anxiously in that room that her body didn't seem to mind.

       Mila could tell nobody had gotten a good amount of sleep when they had all woken up again. It was obvious from everyone's tired eyes and occasional yawning.

       She stood with her back leaning against the wall as she listened the conversation.

       "I'm telling you, it's tomorrow," Jason said, shaking his head. "Someone should have noticed that we're missing by now."

       Leila stifled a yawn. "It'll take Division a while before they'll find us."

       "If  they find us," Hunter interjected.

       Jason pointed at him. "They will. Don't be so pessimistic. We just need to find a way out."

       He then walked over to the door and looked over the various nuts and bolts on the side of the metal frame, thinking.  

       "I told you, it locks from the outside," Hunter said. "We need a better plan."

       "If we wait for them to come around again, we'll be outnumbered," Jason told him. "There has to be a way to open this door from the inside."

       "That's at least six inches of metal through and through," Hunter said, narrowing his eyes. "What are you going to do?"

       Jason huffed. "I don't know, I -"

       A spark suddenly came off his fingers, causing a loud crackle to echo throughout the room. Jason quickly retracted his hand in shock, not expecting that as everyone in the room froze.

       "Jason..." Mila started, straightening up.

       "Wait, are the power suppressants already wearing off?" Leila asked.

       Hunter looked confused and flexed his own hand, frowning.

       "No, they last up to twenty-four hours," he said, shaking his head. "Mine still isn't working."

       Jason snapped his fingers and sparks of electricity flew off them. He grinned, looking up at them with excitement in his eyes.

       "It's not much but I think my power is coming back," he said. "Why just me, though?"

       "Your kinetic ability lets you control current," Hunter realized. "Your metabolism is fast because of it."

       "In English," Jason said, raising his eyebrows.

       "Your body is burning through the power suppressant at a faster rate than mine is," he explained.

       "What do we do?" Mila asked. "Shock the door?"

       Hunter frowned. "It would have be a huge blow to get that door open."

       "I can't do a lot," Jason said, snapping his fingers again and only able to make a few sparks. "Maybe in an hour?"

       "Do we have an hour?" Leila asked. "What if Kane comes back?"

       "He's been gone a while," Mila pointed out.

       "Keep trying to use your power," Hunter instructed. "You might be able to build a big enough current. It'll help your power come back quicker."