"And let her hold your thumb when she enters the stadium," he continues, ignoring Jungkook's confused look. "She'll need it. And don't let her near the jocks or-"

"Listen, Taehyung, I got it," he snaps before sighing, forcing himself to relax. "I can protect her, okay? I promise nothing will happen to her."

"Your promises don't mean anything to me," Taehyung growls. "You will protect her and she will be brought home as soon as the game ends."

And then he shut the door on the ravenette's face.

Jungkook scoffed at the door and pushed his tongue through his cheek as he turned on the heels of his combat boots and walked away. As he neared Rosie, his annoyance washed away and was replaced with amusement, watching her look at his bike in curiosity.

"She's a beauty, isn't she?" Jungkook smiles with pride, opening the back seat to pull out a spare helmet.

Rosie smiles, looking up at him as he smoothed her hair down in preparation for the helmet.

"How did it go with Taehyung?"

Jungkook wanted to be truthful, but her voice was so hopeful and she was staring at him with those damn doe eyes of hers. So Jungkook thought he would make an exception. He didn't want to ruin their night anyway.

"It went fine," he smiles, helping her straddle the bike before getting on it himself. "Hold on to me."

Jungkook reached behind and grabbed her hands, placing them around him firmly before hitting the kickstand and speeding off. She, quite literally, screamed and shut her eyes tight, her fingers digging into his abs.

"Relax, Rosie!" he shouts.

"This is crazy!" she shouts back.

Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle, and, just because he wanted to, sped up just to feel her press herself closer to his back. The more they rode, the more she loosened up, and Jungkook felt his heart skip when she giggled breathlessly on his shoulder.

"That was insane," she exclaims, still a bit high on adrenaline as Jungkook helped her off the bike.

"Yeah?" Jungkook asks in amusement, pulling the helmet off of her head.

Rosie nods, beaming up at him as he ran his hands back through her hair to fix it.

As they walked into the stadium, Jungkook could sense her growing nervous by the way she was pressing herself into his side and clutching onto his shirt. He remembered what Taehyung had said, and although it sounded a bit strange, he slowly nudged his thumb between her fingers.

Grateful for the small sense of security, Rosie curled her fingers around his thumb and took a deep breath, trying not to shrink away at all the people surrounding her. It felt like everyone was staring at her, as if they were anticipating her to make a mistake so they could laugh at her.

"Rosie," Jungkook's voice ruled over all the people around them, like an anchor pulling her up from sea. "Rosie, you're squeezing too hard, baby. I'm right here, no one's going to hurt you."

She merely nodded and pressed herself closer, faintly hearing the gruff hellos from the other boys as her heartbeat was pounding in her ears.