Ch 11. I Want You!

[NARA]

         I stood before the bathroom mirror, brushing my hair, when I heard my phone vibrate. I heard an overly excited voice on the other end when I answered it.

     "Nana, I miss you!"

      I laughed. "Hey, Rilynn, I miss you too."

      "You better. So, what's been going on since we last talked?"

      "Nothing major."

      "Well, that's not what I heard. Your daddy told your grandmother you had another episode. And you know she just had to call me."

      I sighed. "Figures he would say something."

      "Girl, don't be mad at him since you don't talk; I have to get my updates from somewhere," she said sarcastically.

      "Look, I'm sorry... It... it's just still hard for me."

    "I know, and I'm not trying to bust your ass about it. I want you to know that I'm here. You don't have to do this alone. I know you like to conquer things alone, but let us help you with this."

      "Thanks, I appreciate it, but I need to do this on my own... Anyway, I need to get off of here. I have to meet up with someone."

       "Okay, okay, I hear you. So, It's that fine-ass Korean guy you sent me the picture of, right?" she asked excitedly.

      "As a matter of fact, it is," I said, smiling.

      "Ayyyy, I hope you finally get some dickkk! I imagine him opening the kitty, and sand starts falling out!" Rilynn started laughing.

      "Bye, this is why I don't tell you things," I said, smiling.

     "I'm just saying. But before you go, I need you to make a trip here; we want to renovate the complex, but we need your signature to start the process and help with the renovation ideas."

    "Okay, I'll make time and let you know when I'll come."

    We exchanged a few more words and then said our goodbyes. I checked myself in the mirror one more time before I left. Since my father didn't want me driving, he made sure Hyeon was available to take me where I needed to go.

    It was a bit early when I arrived at the restaurant. When I walked in, a waitress escorted me to a private room set for two. I started feeling anxious, so I ordered a drink to ease my mind. However, I didn't have enough time to sort through my emotions. There were so many things going on in my head. I was indecisive, unsure, conflicted, and then some. This just wasn't the right time to feel what I was feeling. As I sat contemplating, the door opened, and he walked.

    His presence changed the atmosphere.

    He wore a tan-tailored suit with a white collared shirt, his black hair smoothly slicked back. The fragrance of his Cologne filled the room as he walked to his seat. I kept my eyes on him, and his eyes were set on me. He took off his jacket and tie and placed them on the back of the chair before he sat down.

     "Hi." He said first.

     "Hi," I replied.

    "Have you ordered yet?"

    "Just a drink; I hoped you would handle the rest."

    "I'm glad you did. I already ordered for us, giving us time to talk."

    My heart fluttered as my emotions scattered everywhere. In the back of my mind, I wondered if he felt as out of control as I did. If he did, I couldn't tell.