Chapter 8

A couple of minutes after Lily's selection had passed, between Harry, the Weasley twins and her were planning how would they carry out the celebration, when they finished organizing the boys went to tell the others with the excuse of encouraging Lily because her tryouts didn't went well, which of course was not the case but they thought it would be a good surprise.

Lily before going to her room to take a bath, she watched Oliver go to the supply room, she decided to follow him to invite him to the celebration.

She walked in, Oliver with his back to her, and with an indescribable joy ran to give him a hug from behind whispering a thank you into his ear.

"We are going to Three Broomsticks to celebrate, care to join us?" said Lily still with the same energy turning away from him

"No, thanks" Oliver grumbled sharply and almost brusquely, still turning his back

Lily's gesture turned from cheerful to a frown "What's the matter with you?"

— "I don't want people to see us together" — Oliver replied turning towards her but with his eyes looking to the other side — "I don't want them to think I'm dating you"—

Lily did not know why those words were burning her inside, if at the end that was what they had agreed since the very beginning, but deep down she no longer felt that way and believed that neither did he, clearly she was wrong

Trying to hide her trembling voice — "I understand, I already knew that" — she sighed — "But would that be so terrible?"—

Lily stood there waiting for an answer which seemed like Oliver was thinking too much, they were silent for a few more seconds until it came out of his mouth — "Because I'm the captain and it would look bad dating a girl from my team!" — "Besides, you're not so special, you're just one more girl, who passed by my bed and that's it!" — you could see the regret in his eyes but his ego was too big to apologize and say otherwise.

Lily felt her heart fall to the ground, crushed again, it was too much to handle for her at the moment, then without being able to say another word she bursted angrily out of there.

Watching Lily go through the door, Oliver knew what he had done and he hated himself for it he retaliated by throwing things and hitting a locker with enormous force.

He hurt his wrist.

But now Lily wouldn't be there to heal him.

On the way to her room Lily avoided contact with anyone she ran into, as the false rumor of the tryouts going wrong were already around, they would most likely think it was because of that and no one would bother her.

When she got to her room she slammed the door and leaned her forehead on it.

"Lily?" Hermione's voice was heard behind her, she turned around without being able to dissimulate and Hermione wrapped her arms around her, while she consoled her, she pulled away cupping Lily's hands in hers

- "Everything will be fine, I'm sure that next year you will be on the team!" — Hermione tried to say to make her feel better, but seeing Lily's look, realized it was a different kind of pain — "This is not for the tryouts, is it?" — Lily shook her head in response.

Hermione directed her to the bed next to her, placing Lily's head in her lap, then Lily told her about Oliver, absolutely everything, while Lily relieved herself, a weight was taking off her being little by little, in addition to Hermione's angry gestures at her that seemed for some reason very comical made her feet not so horrible anymore.

When Lily finished telling what had happened just a little while ago, Hermione jumped up from the bed — "Honestly, that git!" — And she kept stomping to the floor while Lily just watched her.