Home.

"Well, a new year means a new beginning, and I think we started this year in a good way, so hopefully that means that the whole year will be good," X said as they walked away from the firework display, which had ended a couple of minutes ago. "It never feels new though," Four replied, "I guess this year is an exception though, this is definitely different."
"Four, I want to ask you something," X began nervously, "I'm scared to go home, I don't really wanna talk about why I'm scared, at least not right now, but I guess what I'm trying to say is; is there a chance that I could stay at your house for the night?"

Four hesitated, "I guess you could, you just need to be quiet and we're going in through the back door, even though my dad's probably asleep by now."
"Thanks Four!" X squeaked, hugging Four excitedly. At first, Four was surprised, not knowing what to do, but then they hugged X back.

They walked together, holding hands as they approached Four's house. Four entered the house carefully, making sure that their father was asleep before showing X the way to their bedroom. "This is my room, it's not much but I barely spend any time here anyway," Four sat down on their bed, gesturing for X to sit beside them.   

The whole house smelled of cigarette smoke, but X didn't mention this. They simply sat beside Four and held their hand. "So, X," Four began hesitantly, "Do you want to tell me why you didn't want to go home?"
"Honestly I'm not sure," X sighed, "I want you to know, but I don't want you to get worried or anything,"
"I'm probably more worried about the fact that I don't know than I would be if I knew," Four said, moving a little bit closer to X.
"Well, most of the time when I come home my mom's either drunk or asleep, and if she's not asleep she yells at me a-and I don't like it when people yell at me," X explained, "I feel so scared and small when someone shouts at me," They sniffed, hugging Four as they began to cry. Four was unsure of what to do at first, as they had never been in a scenario like this before. They hesitantly began stroking X's hair and cuddled them for a few minutes, "Are you ok?" They whispered, X nodded in response, calming down and eventually falling asleep in Four's arms.