New.

It was New Year's Day. Four and X had only officially been in a relationship for a week or so, but X had asked Four to come with them somewhere after school. They had asked Four if it would be okay if they stayed until after midnight. Four said it was ok. Their father had never really cared about them or anything they did, so they could stay outside as long as they wanted.

X held Four's hand as they walked. X had decided to take Four to a firework display. X liked the lights and colours of fireworks, however they hated how loud they were, it reminded them of being yelled at. They thought that, because they felt safer around Four, they could watch the fireworks with them. They sat together on a small hill, further away than the rest of the crowd. The first few fireworks flew into the sky and exploded into colourful lights. X was reminded of something interesting that they had learned in science class.

"You know what's really cool, how different chemicals make fireworks have different colours! Those yellow ones have sodium in them! Oh, and the green ones have barium, and the blue ones..."
X hesitated,
"I can't remember what makes them blue..."
" Copper," Four mumbled.
"What was that?"
"I said copper. Copper makes them blue."
"Thanks, Foury,"
Four's face turned bright red, "wh- what did you just call me-"
"Oh! oh no I'm sorry I just thought-"
"It's ok. You can call me that, I uh, it sounds... nice,"
Four hesitantly put their arm around X, who hugged Four in return. They stayed until the end of the firework display, X pointed out every firework that they found interesting, while Four was simply content with being with X. They didn't dislike fireworks, but they didn't find them particularly entertaining either. Four didn't mind though, X's excitement made everything worth it.