Ice cold.

Four sat outside, on the floor, as they usually did. People were laughing, people were with their friends and X was with the new kid. Four scoffed at the sight of Two, who shook their head disdainfully in return. Four looked away angrily, tearing a clump of grass out of the ground and tossing it in Two's direction. Four aimed carefully so that the clump of dirt and grass simply hit Two's shoes, as a sort of threat. Two simply laughed and continued walking away with X.

"Two, I uh... need to go to the bathroom," X said, trying their best to hide that they were lying. "Well go on then!" Two smiled and placed their hand on X's shoulder to gently push them away. X let out a sigh of relief, luckily Two fell for their lie. X walked away, looking around carefully and making sure that Two was distracted, talking to another one of their friends.

"Four!" X exclaimed excitedly. "What." Four hissed, looking up at X. "Well, uh, I don't have time to explain but you need to uh, come with me, if that's okay," X repeatedly clicked their fingers, it was something they did when they were stressed. Four sighed, "Alright," they rolled their eyes and stood up. Now X was looking up at Four. "Well then? Where are we going idiot?" Four asked, making direct eye contact with X, who fidgeted anxiously, "Tell me where we're going you fucking idiot!" Four demanded. X mumbled something unclear and tried to calm themselves down. They knew how strong Four was, they were scared, but what they really hated was being yelled at. They felt so small and helpless. Really, they were, but they didn't like to think about themself that way.

Four rolled their eyes again, reaching out their hand to X, "Show me where we're going, then," they sighed, their tone becoming more gentle. X cautiously took Four's hand. It was cold. X's hand was warm. Four looked away. X started walking to a corner of the school building that they could stand behind so that Two wouldn't see them.

"Four, I wanted to talk to you..."