The Same Bus Stop.

X stood up from their seat to get off of the bus, while they were picking up their backpack, they noticed four standing up, too. "Do you get off at the same bus stop as me?" X asked, but Four couldn't hear him. 'Right, they have headphones, I forgot,' thought X.

They both left the bus at the same bus stop, which made X hopeful that they could be friends with Four in the future. "Four! Hold on!" X shouted, chasing after Four and accidentally bumping into them. Four jumped at the sudden physical contact, but was relieved when they saw that it was just X. They turned around and continued walking. Just as Four turned their head, X thought they had seen tears in the corners of Four's eyes.

Four's thoughts were racing. Why was X being nice to them? Should they be nice to X? Should they keep up the 'tough guy' facade? Either way, Four knew that they couldn't avoid X.

X stopped by a shop on their way home and bought a carton of apple juice, they got home a few minutes later. Opening the door, they thought, 'Is the house empty, or is mom drunk again, I guess I'll find out.' Fortunately, the house was empty. Now X could have some time to think.

Light pink walls, fairy lights, fluffy pillows, boxes of handmade jewellery, these were all things that you'd notice if you stepped into X's room. They slept in a small tent filled with blankets and pillows, which stood in the corner of their room. It was far more comfortable than a bed.

X looked through their CD collection, which stood in between their jar filled with small, colourful trinkets and their box of art supplies. They mostly painted, which was evident by the idealistic paintings of landscapes with pink, flowering trees and ponds full of koi fish that were taped onto the wall above X's tent. X decided that they would lie down for a while and think. They reached for their CD of Sleepyhead by Cavetown and put it into their sticker covered CD player. They didn't like the word Boombox because it sounded too loud and obnoxious.

Paintbrushes of gold and blue hit the canvas. It was abstract, but X could understand it, and that's all that mattered to them.