Remember.

X had science class after break time. They tried to pay attention, but they were preoccupied with Four. Fortunately, Two only shared math class with X, so they wouldn't see how distracted their friend was. The teacher was explaining how different elements change the colour of a flame, which is how fireworks can be different colours. The class was shown a video explaining all of the colours a flame could turn and which elements caused them. Everybody stared intently at the bright coloured flames, everybody but X. They had absentmindedly taken down notes of things that they should probably remember and planned to read through them while having their lunch.

Four was in science class too, however they were in the classroom opposite X. Just like the day of the incident. They were extremely distracted, mostly by trying to figure out their own emotions. When X had remarked about Four's 'torment' of them just being annoying, Four felt like they needed to prove themself. When Four did or said something, they didn't really take time to think about it. They told themself that everything is inconsequential since everything would eventually disappear. From the greatest philosophers to the most despicable villains, everything would be forgotten one day. Nothing ever really mattered.

It was the end of class. Reluctantly, Four exited the classroom. As soon as they closed the door, they heard a familiar voice. "Hi Four!" X ran over to Four and held their hand without even noticing. "Oddly enough, I've missed you!" X giggled, not letting go of Four's hand. "X, can you let go of my hand now," Four sighed as they gently pulled their hand away. "Oh! I didn't even notice I did that," X remarked, "You were more gentle than I'd expect you to be,"
"I didn't want to hurt you," Four grumbled, annoyed that they had to admit that. "You do remember what happened here a few days ago, right?" X laughed awkwardly, shuffling away from Four, who turned away and started walking, "You're gonna be late to your next class now, dumbass," they remarked as they rounded a corner, disappearing out if X's sight.