11; maren laska scheletro

"I won't fail you, father. I'll kill those who oppress us. And I'll stay true to my family."

"Anything for the Skeleton King."

- maren laska, one month before -

Marionette Laska Scheletro.

The youngest daughter of the Skeleton King, who was the last survivor of Hades's jail. [Other then the Titans]

The 16 year old went by Maren Laska only; her last name was a huge pointer to not only her origin, Italy, but her father, and her first name... creepy on many levels.

The ravenette was kneeling at her father's throne, head down and hands clasped together.

The half skeleton, half man cocked his head, "And why should I agree to your wishes, daughter? I can always depend on Maesaria."

Maren clenched her fists, and a cold palm was placed on the back of her head.

Her older sister. Maesaria Scheletro.

"That's true enough, my lord," Aria murmured, looking at her father, "But I'd much rather leave Maren to mess up herself."

"Why?" Their father asked, stroking one of his pet crows, "I would've thought you would take the task into your own hands."

"Well," Maesaria smirked, pushing Maren into the ground with a hiss, "After she ruins the job, I can swoop in and fix it."

"The task being?"

Maren growled, flipping up and slapping her sister back, "To ser-"

Maesaria got back up, wiping her face before throwing Maren across the room, "To serve you, my lord."

Their father watched in amusement, smirking as Maren rose up, black mist surrounding her as the crystalline magic swirled.

"What..." Maesaria froze as a ball of magic hurtled towards her.

Maren floated towards the dead king as Maerisia was thrown into the ceiling.

She kneeled.

"I will serve you, my lord." Maren looked imploringly at her father, and he stroked his youngest daughter's cheek.

"Good. You are my secret weapon, after all."

- maren laska, present time, bedroom -

The brunette girl slumped on her bed, sighing as she watched her four older sisters pack away her clothes.

Mairanayla, Maren's eldest sister who was dubbed Maira, placed Maren's mirror in her bag gently, "You have to call home; I don't know how long you'll be gone for."

"I bet father doesn't either," Meisankaya, the second eldest and most sporadic sister rolled her eyes, "I don't know why he wouldn't send Aria instead."

"That's mean, Kaya" Morleannea, the closest to age with Maren, and the shyest, whispered, "Maren's strong too."

"Well, I'd like to know too, Anna." Aria asked, crossing her arms, "I've been training for so long, just on this one prophecy."

She glared at Maren, "And my amateur youngest sister takes it? No."

The room erupted into argument, and, as always, Maren found herself sitting on Anna's lap, "It's really loud," The quietest girl murmured.

"I'll miss you, Anna," Maren muttered, watching her sisters fight, "But this could be my chance. My chance to prove father that I'm important to our family."

"He knows, darling," Morlannea stroked Maren's hair, "But if you insist, I won't stop you."

"Hey! You two!" Kaya pointed to the two huddled under the bed, "Get your asses back up here. We're not done packing."

The girls got up with a huff, returning to their original spots, "Oh, and..." Kaya paused, Maren glancing at her with hurt eyes.

"Sorry, Mari," Maren could never get Meisankaya to call her by her preferred name, "Didn't mean to offend you; I know your strong. It's just, me and Maira don't want our youngest sister hurt."

"Of course not," Maira pulled Maren close, hugging her, "You and Anna are my first priority. I don't want to see you two hurt."

"You know I'll miss you when I'm gone."

"As will we, Marionette."

"Don't call me that!"

Maira chuckled, ruffling her youngest sister's hair, "Sorry."

TESSA SPEAKS !

ew; shit chapter. 

just a lil thing on the last main character of this book.

sorry for the update after like nine days hehe.

your thoughts?