03; greeks and romans

Nathan froze, hood still on his head pretentiously.

"Enemy?" A burlish sound came from behind Nathan, and he turned around to find some sort of a giant behind him, walking towards Nathan.

Nathan backed away hurriedly, right into the chest of a black haired boy who was holding a glinting sword, "Are you one of Gaea's?"

"Who?" Nathan let his hood slip off of him, grabbing his dagger, "Look, I just want to go home."

He could feel his legs weakening, and the horseman from before tilted his head, "Where is your home?"

Nathan swayed drunkenly and passed out, but not before emitting a white glow streaming from his head.

"The- it's Artemis's sign!" One gasped, but Nathan was already out. Out and dreaming.

- twelve hours later -

Nathan opened his eyes, mouth curled at the edges in a bitter snarl.

He tried to get up, but was tugged back down as an unknown force pushed his chest down immediately.

"What..." Nathan muttered confusedly, trying to get up again, but once again the force didn't allow him to move.

Nathan sighed, wiping away some stale tears that still trailed down his eyes. Nathan cried while he slept, he didn't know why.

So Nathan lied there, frozen in the bed of the infirmary, and waited. Waited, and waited and waited.

And waited and waited and waited. 

[ i'm half asleep as i write this, i'm so so so sorry]

After a while, the door swung open, emitting a blast of wind and a slender boy with dark hair and an equally dark smile.

The boy walked around the bed casually, and Nathan struggled to get up, "Can you help me out of here?"

Nathan absolutely despised asking for help; his heart was stubborn and he would never admit it.

The boy moved his long, floppy hair out of the way slowly, "I'm Nico." He spoke for the first time, "And no, I'm not letting you out of the barrier."

Nathan froze in his seat, "W-why? What did I do?"

Nico leaned his head close to Nathan's bucking one, "Why? Because you're not supposed to be alive, that's why."

- five hours later -

Nico had left long ago, and Nathan couldn't move at all. He was still stuck in the stupid bed, and he vowed to himself that as soon as he could get out, he'd hunt the shell-like boy down and demand answers.

And maybe something more violent as well.

But as the magic force relented, and Nathan was able to swing his wavering feet over the bed, all thoughts of the boy left his mind immediately.

- camp half blood, the big house -

Percy Jackson sighed into his girlfriend's shirt tiredly. He wanted a nap, but after the violent glares Annabeth had been sending him, and the stranger that had crashed their after party, he was wide awake.

For the most part, anyways.

Chiron rubbed his face confusedly, "I don't understand. Zeus himself promised Artemis her sacredness forever. I was there. It doesn't add up!"

Calypso broke her awkward eye-contact with Percy, staring at Chiron understandingly as Leo nuzzled his face into her hair, "You smell good, mamacita."

Calypso pushed him away gently, "No. Let the adults talk, repair boy. Now, Chiron, I can understand your predicament. Because I was watching as well, at least before the gods... well, you know. Artemis would never willingly birth anyone, much less a son."

Annabeth let her elbows rest on the walnut table in front of her, "I actually have a theory about that."

Percy and Leo snickered into their hands, and Annabeth and Calypso glared at them in turn, "Seaweed Brain. Enough."

"Anyways, Chiron, you know how I was born, and how my mother was," Annabeth turned back to her mentor, "And I was maybe thinking, you know, because Orion was killed a long time ago, that maybe the boy was raised like Athena? And maybe me?"

Chiron moved to answer, but the door rattled open, interrupting his statement.

Percy stood up, grabbing his sword as Annabeth and Calypso handled their daggers.

Leo summoned a fireball in his hand, and as Chiron drew his bow warily, the boy came into the light.

Nathan Prince's waxy face stared at theirs cautiously, "I would love to know that as well. Do tell."

TESSA SPEAKS!

bruh, i just updated his in a week... school's a bitch. i had my phone confiscated after trying to write this chapter earlier today... i hope you enjoyed this chapter. love you all. also, leo and calypso aren't mia [missing in action] in this book because when I read that part of the book, i legit cried so much.