4 - The Tour

————————————————————
THE TOUR
————————————————————

THE TOUR WAS NICE. At least Conor and Travis didn't treat her like a glass boom.

"So, where do you wanna go?" Conor, the shorter one, asked.

"Your stuff's all moved out of the Hermes cabin," Travis said. "Same for Allison. Most of your stuff is with your aunt, but we've moved everything of Allison's into the Poseidon cabin for the search, just so we can have the same vantage point."

Laviana rolled her eyes playfully. "Maybe we should go there then."

Conor nodded. "Good choice."

"So, how are you here?" Travis asked. "After that tantrum Percy threw, you still didn't come back. Nico even said he couldn't sense your life force in Elysium, or the underworld at all. But he sensed your death."

"'Tantrum'," Conor snorted. "Did you not see the fucking storms?"

"Well, that's a delightful little story," Laviana said. "What does Percy have to do with me?"

In the back in her mind Laviana knew he was the only person she remembered. Something about...a forge maybe, she remembered.

The two boys glanced at each other, looking like they were trying hard not to laugh.

"What?" She demanded.

Travis grinned mischievously and he said in a sing-song voice. "Nothing~"

"Travis."

"Well~, you and a certain Perseus Jackson have been known to....hmmm...what's the word?" He asked.

"Be incredibly obtuse and drive the whole camp crazy with your obliviousness." Conor supplied.

Laviana narrowed her eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, look!" Travis said. "We're here!"

She decided to ignore them for now and faced the building.

Cabin three was long and low and solid. The outer walls were of rough gray stone studded with pieces of seashell and coral, as if the slabs had been hewn straight from the bottom of the ocean floor.

Just as Laviana opened the door something furry jumped on top of her.

"Sirius!" She shouted, the name rolling off naturally.

The furry black dog cocked his head at her, panting.

Conor shook his head in disbelief. "I still can't believe we let you name a baby hellhound after some stupid Harry Potter character." 

Laviana scoffed, still firm on her place in the grass. "And who stole a copy of the elder wand from the queen of England's vault?"

"Well she didn't deserve to have it," Travis said, crossing his arms. "Couldn't even get it to work."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was a combined effort of Lue Ellen and Beckendorf for it as much as spark. Did it even work?" She didn't know how she knew all this, it just came naturally.

"Errr..." Conor said. "We may have burned down the Hermes cabin, but it's good as new!" He added brightly.

Travis cocked his head. "Aren't you gonna get up?"

Laviana gestured to the dog laying on top of her. "I've been chosen by the pupper, I can't move until he does."

As if he had understood her, Sirius the hellhound jumped off of laviana, scampered toward the cabin 3 door, and he moved his paw, almost impatiently. It was like he was urging them to hurry up.