18. Love Lasts Forever

I work up in the morning, still in the same position I fell asleep in. Duff was awake, I knew this because he was staring and me as he stroked my hair.

"Good morning." He says as he leans down to kiss my head.

"Morning." I say streching.

I go to get out of bed but Duff grabs my hand and looks at me with a pout.

"Stay in bed, please?" He asks.

"Of course." I say getting back into bed.

We lay there for about an hour and then decided to get up due to the time. I got a shower and put on a nice dress. I walk out the room and see Duff fixing his hair. I walk over and wrap my arms around him.

"What's the plan for today?" I ask.

He turns around to face me and pulls me tight towards him.

"Well, we will get breakfast. Then go for a walk and maybe to a bit of shopping. Like for clothes and food for when it's night and we need a snack. Then go for a boat ride down that river. Then go for dinner and  go to place we came last time." He says.

"That sounds perfect." I mumble into his chest.

We walk down to the hotel lobby and get a private room to eat breakfast in. We both had pancakes and all of our favourite toppings. We ate it fast and then went out for a walk. We past many shops along the way and when we past one we found a dress shop. In the window there was a white lace dress. It was something that Stevie Nick's would wear and it was beautiful. Duff saw me eyeing the dress and bought for me as a gift. I insisted that he didn't have to buy it but then he insisted that he should buy it. So he did.

We also past a record shop and went in to buy some records. It was funny because on the shelf we found appetite for destruction and some of my band's records too. Then we put all our bags into the hotel room. We came back out the hotel and went for a boat ride down the long winding river. It was beautiful. The full time we laughed and took pictures of one another and our surroundings. This was paradise city.

We were on the boat for a little while longer and then we arrived at the restaurant. It looked the same but there was more lights wrapping round the pillars. This time Duff had a reservation for dinner so we walked right in and were shown to our table. We took our seats and each got a drink. Duff got a vodka and I got wine.

"It feels weird being here and knowing that Erin or Axl can't bother us." I say with a laugh.

"I know right! The full time we have been here I have been having these moments of worry thinking about if Axl saw us then I remember that he won't. He's back in L.A." Duff says.

I laugh too and look into his eyes.

"Tomorrow morning i am going out. Not for long only for about half an hour. I have an old friend that lives here and they want to give me something. They are going to meet me just at the coffee shop next to the hotel." Says Duff.

"That's alright. When you leave I will get ready!" I say with a smile.

"You know I love you, right? You mean so much to me and I love you with all my heart." He says taking my hand.

I feel tears form in my eyes and one escapes my eye and rolls down my cheek, which he wipes away with his thumb.

"Duff, I love you too. So much." I say.

We shared a magical night and every time Duff said something sweet I got emotional. My hormones had been acting up recently.

After dinner we made our way back to the hotel room. We had both had a little bit to drink and were wobbling from side to side. When we got into the room we both got ready for bed.

I went to the bathroom and began to brush my teeth. I then feel a slight pain in my stomach. I hold my stomach tight and then remember it must be my period. Then I remembered I was late. My period is late. I get a little worried but let it brush past me.

I got into bed next to Duff and both of us fell asleep instantly.

~

I woke up in the morning at 9:00 exactly. I reached my hand over to Duffs side of the bed and felt nothing but a piece of paper. I open my eyes and read it.

On my way to meet my friend! See you soon babe xx

I smile at the cute note and stretch getting out of bed. I get a quick shower and put on the new dress duff gave my and my ankle length healed boots. I put on some eyeliner too. After getting ready I sit on the edge of my bed.

I couldn't help but think my period was late.

How?

What could be happening?

Then it hit me. Could I be pregnant?

~

I walked down the shop isles looking for a pregnancy test. I find one and pay for it quickly and run back to the hotel room. Duff would be back soon and he couldn't know I was doing this. Would Duff even want kids? If it's positive what would be think?

I run into the bathroom and slam the door shut. I pee on the stick and then leave it on the counter. I walk up and down the bathroom waiting for the results. I look at the clock. It was time to check. I take a deep breathe.

I reach over and pick the stuck up. I slowly turn it over and gasp at the results.
_______________________________________