16. Growing Love

The tour was over. We were all now back in L.A. My band mates Darren and Ella were getting married. Dude how crazy! Eddie was still a hookup then leave kinda guy. I wish he would find someone. Like a proper relationship. It would be good for him!

Duff and I have been searching for a place to stay for weeks. We were currently living at my old house and the rest of the boys had moved out. Axl was clearly jealous of Duff and I though. If Duff kissed me, Axl would shoot him daggers. Yeah.. not the best thing in the world.

Duff and I were going to visit a house today though and I had a gut feeling this would be the one. We were in the car and we held hands as he drove with one hand.

We pulled up to the house and looked at it before then looking at one another. This was it. This was the for us house.
~
Duff and I had moved into our house. We had been living there for about 2 days or so and the place was looking amazing.

I was excited for our future. Duff hangs up the phone and comes running into the kitchen.

"Hey, Steve is coming over for dinner with Kaizü is that ok?" He asks.

"Sure! I love Steve and kaizü seems really nice." I say with a smile.

"Perfect." He says.

~

Duff and I were setting the table and the door bell went.

"I will get it!" Says Duff.

I nod and he runs to open the door for Steven and kaizü. They were such a cute couple, and I mean like super cute. Steve loves her, you can see it in his eyes. It's adorable to see.

"Hey Ricky!" Says Kaizü cheerfully.

"Hey kaizü, good to see you again." I say hugging her.

We pull away and then Steve hugs me tight. I laugh as he spins me around.

"Always great to see my bestfriend." He says pulling away and smiles at me.

I laugh and go through to get the dinner Duff and I had prepared. I set it on the table and we all load our plates full and begin to eat.

"So.." begins Steve clearing his throat. "The reason I wanted to see you guys is because we have some exciting news."

Duff and I furrow our eyebrows and look at each other confused. Kaizü then lifts her hand from underneath the table and shows us her hand. There it was. A lovely silver ring with a crystal. My jaw drops and duff drops his knife he was using to cut up his food.

"We are engaged!" They both exclaim.

Duff and I both shout congratulations before getting up and hugging them. It was great seeing people start a life together.

~

Steve and kaizü had left and duff and I were cleaning up. He has a smile plastered on his face and I turn to face him.

"What's gotten you all smiley?" I ask turning to him.

"You. Us." He says.

"Really? Like your that happy? I mean I am but I didn't expect you to feel that way." I say.

"I have been in love with you since I met you." He says casually.

"No way!" I shout.

He laughs and guides me over to the sofa.

"Let me give you my point of view." He says.

Duffs POV:

1987:

"Whoo! That gig was amazing!" Shouts Steven feeling energetic.

"It was dude, the crowd was crazy this time too!" Says Slash putting his guitar in the van.

"Good Show." Says a voice.

We turn our heads to see Ricky Storm standing there. I always had a crush on her. She's so badass. I would watch her on MTV and thought she was the most beautiful thing on the planet but when I saw her in person she is even more beautiful. Her hair is curly and falls nicely. Her hair is jet black and has a slight wave to it. Her lips are cherry red. The kind you would wanna place a kiss too. She's perfect. She is literally a goddess.

END OF FLASHBACK

Ricky's POV:

"You didn't think I was like that!" I say slapping his shoulder playfully.

"Hell yeah I did! You are. I guess what you don't know about is me and Axl's conversation." Duff says looking at the floor.

"What conversation?"

Duffs POV:

Before Axl and Ricky's date:

"Dude what t-shirt should I wear?" Axl asks me.

"I don't know." I say not giving him any attention.

"What's got your boxers in a twist?" Asks Axl raising an eyebrow.

"Your going on a date with my crush what the fuck do you think?" I ask.

"Sorry dude, she likes me." Axl says laughing.

"Yeah but it's like an unspoken rule between guys to not ask someone's crush out." I say getting a little angry.

"Yeah, yeah.." mumbles Axl.

"Your so fucking selfish you asshole." I say getting up.

"Who knows, maybe we will get married." Says Axl now pulling my strings.

"Maybe we will kiss tonight." He continues.

I scoff and leave the room.

END OF FLASHBACK

Ricky's POV:

I sit there shocked at what duff had just told me.

"So you have liked me for a while?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's why I'm so happy we are together. I have always wanted this and can't believe it's true." Duff says with a smile.

I take his hand and kiss it as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Oh I have a present for you." He sings.

I laugh as he gets up and runs off to get the gift excitedly.

He comes back with it behind his back. He takes his seat next to me and hands me a small white envelope. I raise an eyebrow. I open up the envelope and see 2 tickets to Paris.

"Wait what!" I exclaim.

"It's where we started our relationship and I was thinking why don't we go back. Just us, no one else. We can go back to that restaurant and this time Erin won't ruin it." He says. 

I pull him and kiss him passionately.

"Back to Paris we go." I say.
_______________________________________

AN:

Happy Birthday to the one and only Duff Mckagan!!