“Not at all. The more the merrier.”

“Great!” I said as Mr. Keller slash Charlie walked into the room.

“Good morning class. Glad you are here bright and early.”

Wish I wasn’t.

“Grace, can you please come up here?”

I looked around and a few people were staring at me. What the heck does he want? I slowly got out of my seat and stood in front of his desk. He looked up to meet my gaze before reaching into his leather bag. He was wearing a navy blue linen button up shirt, dress pants and leather dress shoes. He handed me a stack of papers.

“Could you hand these out for me?”

“Sure.”

I turned around but he called my name once again.

“Good job on the quiz last class. I would’ve given you extra credit if I could. You went above and beyond with the essay questions.”

“Um thank you.” I said.

I knew people were watching me and I suddenly felt like I was in high school all over again. Why doesn’t he treat me like the other students? I don’t really even want him talking to me. I for sure don’t want him calling me out in class. After handing out his packets, I returned to my seat, ignoring Niall’s curious expression.

“So…this is your assignment for your illustration essay and the guidelines for the presentation. We will not have a debate with this assignment but you will have an oral presentation, reading your essay aloud and explaining why you think your thesis is legitimate. It will be due two class periods from now. If you need help, you can schedule a time to meet with me during my office hours. Appointments can be made on my website.”

I slumped in my seat. Oral presentation? No. Just the thought made me want to throw up. Maybe Harry will help me. I turned around slightly to look at Zayn. His eyes were narrowed and dark, obviously not privy to an oral presentation.

“This class is fucking ridiculous. I signed up for a damn composition class, not public speaking.” He whispered.

“I know.” I nodded, turning back around.

After Charlie went over a couple of writing techniques in our textbook, he let us go. Oh yay, I get to go to his class again now, I thought, my sarcasm making an appearance.

As I packed up my things, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“See you at Fromage in a little bit. Twelve-thirty good?”

“Of course. See you then Niall!” I said, relaxing at the realization that it was only him.

I knew Harry would like Niall. What’s not to like? He’s hilarious and very charming. I smiled at him and he walked out of the room as I packed up the last book. I avoided Charlie’s eyes as I walked out, keeping my head down until I got into the elevator. The hallways were empty because Mr. Charlie let us out early. I smiled at how goofy Niall was as the doors started to close but a large hand halted their movement before they reopened. Mr. Charlie stepped into the elevator throwing the strap on his leather bag over his shoulder. The doors closed and he pressed the button. I felt his eyes on me but I stared at the doors, willing them to open. I was aware that I was holding my breath. I felt too self-conscious to even breathe. What the heck is wrong with me?