Chapter 11 - Daddy Issues - The Neighbourhood

Start from the beginning

"Mom..."

"Don't call me that."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I'll pay you back. I'm not a kid anymore." You said as your voice started to break and you were shaking. You packed up your things and started heading out the door, hopefully you could catch the next bus.

"Y/n? Where are you going? Are you okay?" Eva shouted as you ran out.

"I gotta go to Kenma now." You said to her.

"Here I'll drive you!" She said packing her things and following you out the door. You guys headed towards the door and made your way to the parking lot.

"Don't bother, we have to talk about what's going on with your father." Your mom said back to you.

"What's going on?"

"He's suing me."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"You have to testify."

"Why?"

"You have to."

"But-"

"Call me later, you sound so weak right now. And you say you're not a child. Bye." She hung up on you abruptly and tears started rolling down your cheeks. You were sobbing and you couldn't contain your breath. Eva started driving towards Kenma's campus, she had one arm on the steering wheel and one on your back. Your hands covered your face as tears kept falling out of your eyes. You couldn't believe what just happened. 

Not to mention, the way you started crying in public and in front of Eva, she's never seen you like this because you never talked to her about your parents. She rubbed your back in hopes to calm you down. You couldn't help yourself from breaking down.

"Hey, if you ever need to talk I'm here for you. I know you may not want to talk to anyone but Kenma but I'm here for you." She said in a calm voice still having her hand on your back. You nodded unable to say words as you started coughing due to the amount you were crying.

She turned the last light before finding the street Kenma's dorm was on. You thanked her and you made your way up the stairs towards Kenma's building in hopes that he wasn't in class. Some people saw the way you looked and immediately opened the door to your building. You climbed up the stairs to the second floor where Kenma's room was. You ran towards his room seeing his door was open.

"Yeah man I just wanna tell her-" You heard a voice say before you walked into the room immediately wrapping your arms around Kenma who was propped up on his bed leaning against the wall.

"Woah y/n how did- are you okay?" He said pulling you off of him and taking a look at him.

"My mom, just so much happened can you just hold me please." You said back to him burying your head into the crook of his neck.

"Y/n?" The voice that was talking before said and you turned your head to find Kuroo sitting at Kenma's desk.

"Tetsurou?" You said as you sniffled.

"Woah, a first name basis?" Kenma said running his hands through your hair. Kuroo shrugged. You took a seat beside Kenma and placed your head on his shoulder before burying your face into him. He wrapped his arms around you as you continued to cry.

"Do you want Kuroo to leave? I have class in 15 minutes but I can listen to you for now." Kenma said rubbing your shoulder.

"H-He can stay if he wants I'll talk, he can listen it's okay." You said, looking at him giving him a slight smile. He wiped the tears off your cheeks and you looked at him before giving him another hug. You started talking. 

You told him about the insurance incident, how you were on birth control and everything and how they hated things like that and how you were supposed to testify in court for the dispute between your parents and how it was overwhelming for you.

In addition to that, you told him that your parents called you a disgrace and basically not their daughter. Kuroo's face was left in shock and Kenma looked at him and shook his head, telling him not to engage in anything that would make you upset. Kenma stroked your hair again and held you tighter as he comforted you.

"Y/n, you know you're not a disgrace, just look at you. You're amazing!" Kenma said lifting your chin up making you look at his soft, reassuring eyes. "Trust me, you're a great person and you're going to be so successful, look how far you've come."

"Thanks Kozume." You said finally able to catch your breath, you leaned back against the wall and Kenma got up to get a tissue and pass it to you. You blew your nose and wiped the remaining tears from your eyes before putting the tissue in the garbage.

"I'm sorry to be the worst but I really gotta go to class now, I'm gonna be late." Kenma said, pointing at the clock. It was 4:56pm. You nodded at Kenma as he grabbed his bag.

"Uh are the two of you okay? Being alone?" Kenma asked, raising his eyebrow slightly.

"I can go with her back to campus," Kuroo started saying, "did you drive?" He turned his head towards you. You shook your head no and he nodded.

"Alright, I don't want to hear any stories because of this, I REALLY GOTTA GO." Kenma said quickly walking across his room towards the door. "Just close the door, it locks on it's own." He said as he walked out of his room, closing the door behind him

"Come here." Kuroo said as you looked at him. You walked towards him and straddled over him sitting in Kenma's chair. "I don't get it, how do you look so pretty when you cry?" He said stroking his hand on your cheek.

"Thanks for listening,Tetsurou." You said wrapping your arms around his neck. He moved his hands down towards your waist and pulled you closer to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he moved his hands up and down the sides of your body.

"I mean, I guess, for now at least." You said back to him running your hands through his hair.

"You know Kenma is right. You are amazing, and you're so special y/n." He said stroking your hair. He looked at you and it was as if his eyes hypnotized you.

He leaned in towards you and you closed your eyes as you felt his lips press against yours. He was soft and gentle this time. You felt your lips sync together as he ran his hands up and down the sides of your body, one hand made its way up your head and he ran his fingers through your hair. You started to grind on him and you could tell he was getting aroused. He started bouncing his legs, you felt yourself become flustered, it felt good against you and you started to become aroused yourself. You pulled away from him and he opened his eyes. You looked at his hazel eyes and ran your fingers through his spiky black hair.

"Maybe we shouldn't do anything here my angel." Kuroo said planting a kiss on your cheek. He kept kissing you as he made his way down your jaw and started nibbling on your neck. You let out a soft moan as he did so. You threw your head back letting him have more of your neck and he pulled your head back up as he made his way up your jaw again up to your ear to start nibbling on it. You started moaning again.

"Tetsurou let's go." You said softly. He stopped kissing your ear and you leaned him to plant another small kiss on his lips. You pulled away and the two of you locked eyes for a couple of seconds. He pulled you into a hug and motioned for you to get off him. You stood up and started walking towards Kenma's door.

"We can continue this in my car." He said as he grabbed you from behind and wrapped his arms around you.