Chapter 7

Emily POV:
It's been a week since I've met Marcus and things are good . I've spent the last day with my dad and we agreed to call each other every weekend or text so he can check on me, I'm really going to miss him but as I said this wouldn't be the last time we see each other.

I also had started fixed things with Anna and had decided to support her choice on studying in London even though I'll still miss her .

I've spent my week dealing and studying for my exams and getting my stuff ready for moving. Sometimes when I was studying Marcus would come and chat a little with me while studying,there was a time he just came and sat down next to me on the desk and didn't say anything ,but the silence was awkward it was pretty comfortable. I sometimes found myself petting his soft hair which he in return hums some tune I'd never heard before . I know that he's coming by hearing the clicks that come from his stump while he's walking.

Anyway, I'm currently getting ready for the graduation ceremony after two days. I look at myself in the mirror seeing myself wearing my graduation clothes , recently I've been thinking about what would happen when I move out , I wouldn't be able to spend time with Marcus since he would stay here and I'll be in a another house and I can't expect him to come visit me and it's pretty obvious why. I thought of asking him to come with me but I also don't want to seem selfish and force him to move out with me so I'm not sure what to do.

My train of thoughts ended when I heard "uhh Emily *looking and the desk next to the mirror seeing Marcus standing there* you okay I called your name 3 times?" He asked .

"Oh yeah I'm fine I just spaced out for a minute" I told him with a reassuring smile on my face. I looked at his cute confused face and smiled seeing him there.

I looked back at the mirror and asked "how do I look?"

He shakes his head "I still don't understand why you have to wear a robe to party"

"Like I said before it's traditional and we can't change that" I said shaking my head with a grin on my face.

"They say it's traditional I say it's stupid like if you're going to certificate in front of hundreds of people you should at least look good and not look like a curtain" he said and I giggled at him I then saw smiling at me while I laughed and decided now the time to actually ask him if he wants to come with me

"Hey Marcus *he looks at me humming* there's something I want to ask you?" I say while approaching him slowly.

Marcus POV:

I looked as Emily approached me and held her hand out for me so walked to it and sat down since it's hard to stand still when she's moving.

She sat down on her bed and looked at "you know how I'm going to move out of this house after 2 weeks right?" She asked.

To be honest I couldn't stop thinking about it ever since I met Emily and I don't want her to leave , she's the first friend in a long time and it gets kind of lonely in the walls so knowing that she will leave soon made me miserable.

I looked at her and nodded and she continued "so I wanted to ask you do you want to go with me?"

I looked at her like she had grown two heads , I have been thinking about sneaking in her bag and leaving with her but I can't because I don't know if she wants me to be with her or not but now seeing asking me to come with her made my heart want to leap out of my chest .

"You don't have to if you don't-"YES , yes I would like to go" I exclaimed cutting her sentence with a big smile on my face .

She looked at me with that cute smile of hers and said "well then you better start packing then" I smiled at her showing my teeth and hugged her thump while she started petting me again and there is only one thought in my head 'looks like a new adventure is waiting'