Chapter 2

(👆her glasses)Emily POV: Hey there I'm Emily , and as you can see I'm studying for my final end of school exams ,while my parents are fighting again

(👆her glasses)
Emily POV:
Hey there I'm Emily , and as you can see I'm studying for my final end of school exams ,while my parents are fighting again. You see my parents are having a divorce and my father is leaving in 3 days.

To be honest I don't understand why can't they just solve their problems like normal people . Next week is my final week of exams before graduation and I've decided that I'm not going to let my parents divorce get in the way of my studies.

I also decided to move out and start my own life after my graduation. You see I actually work as a cook in a diner in my town since I was 16 and have been saving money for 4 years now. I have enough money from my job to be able to pay for a house on the other side of town that I looked in online , it's only a 1 hour drive from here and it's much closer to the diner so I won't have trouble going to work on time.

I have light brown hair and i have green eyes and I wear glasses . I don't have many friends in my school because people think I'm nerd because of my glasses and don't find interesting at all and honestly I don't blame them since most of the time I choose to ignore my classmates and focus on my studies .

My only friend is my neighbor and childhood friend Anna who luckily enough is also my classmate so we talk and hang out together most of the time when I'm not studying but sometimes she gets busy with her 3 siblings since she's the oldest and the one in charge when her parents are busy , it doesn't help that half the time I'm also busy with my job as a cook at the diner so we end up only seeing each other in school most of the time. Even though I understand that we both are too busy to hang out sometimes it still feels lonely not having someone to talk to.

Since I'm 18 and only have work 4 days a week at the diner I've decided to take college courses online after summer break because of my work.

I'm studying to become a novelist since I love writing and reading books. I always had a big imagination from when I was a little girl , anything I thought about I write in my journal and while growing up I've decided that I would be a novelist .It may take time since I'm still a college student but I hope in the future that it will turn out great.

Anyways back to the present, Anna had called me a few minutes ago saying that there is something important she wants to tell me tomorrow so now I'm just finishing my studying then I'll go to bed.