Character Drabbles

How do you imagine the characters, like Shatrughan, Bharat, Sita, and Urmila to act? Maybe something from a TV show? Perhaps otherwise, you've dreamt it up on your own. Anyways, these are some drawings and character moments which I feel best define some of my characters as well as imagines. I will not include all characters, maybe just three, but in case you want me to do a part 2, please let me know! Also, if any of you want these short moments to become fully-fledged chapters, let me know!

Sita "The Great"

The sun was just rising in the horizon, and already, Sita had awoken, gently throwing the covers back on Mandavi, who was snoring, and smiling in the direction of Shrutakirti, who was calmly sleeping, the rise and fall of her chest in rhythm with the chirping of birds outside. Sita wondered what species the birds were of. Robin? Bluejay? Something different, maybe?

She stepped outside, basking in the sun. Nature was just wonderful, how the trees rustled, how the flowers fell from the twigs, how the birds chirped musically, how the deer flocked to her. She couldn't imagine why people would cut trees down anywhere, really, but she forgot the solemn thought quickly as a chilly morning breeze blew by and she quickly drew up a warm shawl.

She had, however, been followed by Mandavi and Urmila, both of whom were busy doing what they did best; arguing. "I hate you! I hate you Mandavi! I couldn't imagine living with you for years as Shrutakirti has done. Honestly, I hate you!" Sita turned around, frowning at the argument, and pacing closer.

"It's not my fault that your portrait got ruined! It was just a painting of Sita, anyways. And just a drop of paint! You shouldn't keep anything you treasure, even useless things like that painting, near me. Why didn't you expect it to be ruined? Besides, I think it looks better after my little fall." Urmila gaped at her, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Are you kidding me? Little fall? Little fall? You crashed into the drying painting, causing it to smudge! On top of that, you "accidentally" splattered a bucket of blue paint on it! I wonder what you would call a big fall!" She shook her head, shivering from the dewy cold. "Besides, I shouldn't have to expect anything! You should be careful, you rakshasi!" she snarled. "I hate you!" she repeated. Mandavi goggled as Sita walked closer, shaking her head.

"Stop it!" the eldest sister cried. "Stop all of this nonsense! For goodness sakes, appreciate the nature around you instead of fighting, ruining the peaceful atmosphere! Stop your rambles and just listen to the birds, feel the breeze!" She wrapped her shawl around the shivering Urmila, not caring that she might catch a cold herself.

Mandavi frowned. "Always nature, nature, nature. Nothing else with you, didi. You should pay more attention to us, your sisters." Urmila nodded in agreement.

"I agree with Mandavi. Didi, are you trying to make us jealous? You love the birds you talk about endlessly more than us, isn't it?" Mandavi and Urmila had agreed on something. It seemed the world was about to come to an end.

Sita smiled, not caring that her lips were turning blue as Mandavi and Urmila began talking to each other in a civilized manner. She had sacrificed her own warmth, and her position as mediator to give her two warring sisters a common dislike. Sita came down with a fever the next day. She wouldn't be cured until she saw Mandavi and Urmila, laughing together.

A/N-The only word I can think of that describes Sita is the "Great". She is self-sacrificing, kind, noble, loyal, and everything in between, the epitome of grace and beauty, both inner and outer. This drabble does not accurately represent her, maybe, but it was the closest I could get.

Urmila "The Loving"

"Sita didi? Where are you?" Urmila called. She got no answer, and looked around, swallowing hard. Was her sister hurt? Perhaps she was lying down somewhere, head bleeding. That very thought got her heart racing. Oh no! Sita didi was hurt and she didn't even know where she was! What a horrible sister, surely the fates were looking angrily upon her.

The Princes of Ayodhya-The Ramayan Through Short Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें