Sisters

A/N-This chapter is going to focus on the princesses, kind of. Just....see!

Arya Sumant, loyal adviser in court to King Dasharath, and confidant of the queens, even sometimes partner-in-crime and father-figure to the princes was one of the most trusted people in Ayodhya. He would never betray that trust, and he was universally loved. Sumant, however, had a daughter. Her name was Trivati Sumant.

Trivati was great friends with the princesses of Videha, in Mithila. They admired her for her engaging stories and contagious bubbliness, and she loved them for their kindness and compassion. Due to their parents' closeness, she was very well acquainted with the princes of Kosala, and was especially good friends with Bharat and Lakshman. It just so happened, that one day when she was visiting Videha, she found herself talking about them.

"You know, I am good friends with the princes of Ayodhya." she stated matter-of-factly. Sita looked up quickly. Ayodhya...that felt like a name she should memorize. Ayodhya...prince...friend...

"Oh, you've taken long enough. You've been talking about random people for ages, some Bhrata, Ghana, Laksh. What are they like, we've heard many stories about them?" asked chirpy Urmila, leaning forward eagerly as Mandavi listened, interested, and even focused Shrutakirti removed her attention from her embroidery pincushion, excited to hear about their personalities for once rather than their escapades. .

"Well, there's Ram," Sita turned pale. Ram. That name seemed familiar. "He's the oldest. He's got dark skin, and lotus eyes. He usually leads his brothers wherever he goes, and is very calm. He's one of those people who won't stray from dharma. " She clapped her hands together, and Urmila managed to catch Sita's face right before she hid it; she was blushing.

"Then Bharat," Mandavi froze. Where had she heard these names? She couldn't quite pinpoint it, and it was so annoying. "Really light skin, and light hair. The opposite in appearance, think, from Ram. He's the most handsome, and loves to paint, and is very kind and calm. He often is a peacemaker. " Urmila giggled.

"The exact opposite of our demoness Mandavi, then!" she snickered, and Trivati tilted her head as if considering it. "Actually, that's correct. The only similarity in personality between them is that you are both selfless." Mandavi swallowed.

"We now come to the saumitranandans. There is Laksh, short for Lakshman, I mean." Narrowing her eyes, Urmila clenched her fists. Laksh, Lakshman. Where, where, where had she heard these names, she wanted to figure it out! "He's the tallest of them all, and loyal to his brothers. I'm probably the closest to him. He's very muscular and short-tempered, but usually stays quiet. He's funny, but shows it rarely, and has an aptitude for getting hurt. He looks scary from the outside, and can be very scary when he gets angry, but he's cute once you get to know him." She smiled a bit when thinking about him, and Urmila did too.

"Lastly, there is Shatru, short for Shatrughan. He's the younger twin of Lakshman, and very mischievous. He insists upon pranking everyone he finds, but is very protective of his brothers. However, usually when Laksh gets hurt, it is Shatrughan's fault. Shatrughan is very funny, and flirty. He and Laksh are identical twins, and they look similar to each other, but they behave so differently! The only thing same in their characteristics is their love for food, and humor."

She stopped her explanation, and stared at the four entertained faces in front of her. Shrutakirti had completely abandoned her sewing in horror when she had heard the description of Shatrughan. How, she wondered, can someone be so misbehaved? She had thought that he could redeem himself when she heard that he was protective, but if he hurt his twin brother, whom she had gotten quite close to through the stories, then maybe not!