lviii. Blue Kiss

Depuis le début

Percy nodded and their shoulders brushed as they continued walking, Elle's cheeks were like the color of the sunset.

"So, Elle," Percy spoke up, "How's Irene?"

"She's doing alright," answered Elle. "She just started orchestra."

"Oh, she's doing orchestra? How cool. What kind of instrument does she play?"

"The violin," Elle then chuckled, "I used to play the violin, but now I don't."

"What happened?" Said Percy, raising an eyebrow. "Hmm?"

"Well, I lost interest in it," Elle shrugged. "I dunno, it just wasn't for me. I prefer singing than playing the violin, it felt more natural to me."

Percy nodded, "I mean, everyone has different talents."

"Yeah, anyways, enough about me," Elle half-smiled, "Have you always been good at swimming? You're a very good swimmer."

Her face reddened when she said the last part and she sheepishly looked away; he instantly concluded it was due to the fact he only wore speedos when he swam.

Percy laughed and shrugged, "I guess I always have been? I don't know, uh, but the ocean just seems to call out to me and there's this feeling that I would get whenever I dived into the cold water..."

A smile formed on Elle's face, "Well, that's cool. The ocean really does match you, you know that?"

Percy chuckled, "You're not the first person who has told me that."

"The ocean matches your eyes," Elle softly whispered and they halted, "I could get lost in them and I never find my way out..."

Percy then watched as Elle leaned forward so that their noses brushed against one another.

Her dark brown eyes glanced at his lips and his sea-green eyes widened, afraid about what was going to happen next. Percy quickly went to pull away and froze when she plucked something out of his hair and threw it onto the ground.

"Ha, sorry—" Elle pulled away with a blush, "There was something in your hair and it was annoying me so much."

"Oh? Oh," Blinked Percy, dumbfounded. "I thought you were going to..."

Her cheeks reddened from the cold or Percy's comment—he wasn't sure.

"You thought I was going to kiss you?" Laughed Elle. "I couldn't never—you have a girlfriend, Percy."

Something mischievous flickered in Elle's eyes and she playfully smiled at Percy.

They arrived at Percy's apartment soon and he raised an eyebrow at Elle, seeing her frown.

"Where's Estelle? I was quite excited to see her."

Percy laughed, "I can see the disappointment in your face, Elle. I'm sorry but Estelle is out with my parents right now."

"Aw, that sucks," sighed Elle, unbuttoning her jacket. "I was hoping to see her today."

"Wait," Percy then smirked at Elle. "Is the only reason that you're hanging out with me is that you want to see Estelle...?"

A small smile appeared on Elle's face and she sheepishly chuckled, "Maybe...?"

Percy laughed and walked over to the kitchen. "Hey, do you want some juice—I have some orange juice in the fridge?"

"No, thank you. "I don't really like orange juice—I prefer strawberry kiwi juice."

"Oh, I should've guessed," he then offered, "Well, do you want some blue cookies? My mom just made them, so they're fresh."

"Sure."

Percy watched as Elle's dark brown eyes gleamed as she took a bite of the blue cookie and went to grab more, but Percy moved the plate out of her reach and she pouted.

"So, I assumed you really like them?"

"Yes, I want more!" exclaimed Elle, "Perce...!"

"I'm just messing with you," teased Percy, handing the girl the plate, "Hey, do you want to brainstorm for the Lover Project? I already have a couple of ideas in mind."

"Tell me in the bedroom," Suggested Elle, licking the blue frosting off her fingers. Then she blinked, "Shit, that sounded really wrong—"

Percy blushed and quickly reassured her, "Haha, it's fine—anyways, do you want to work in my room or in the living room?"

"Hmm," Elle bit her lips, "Let's work in your bedroom."

While eating blue cookies on his bed, they examined the ideas they had wrote down in the past couple of hours.

"I like the first idea," Elle told him, "It's pretty creative and it's not that difficult or easy to do—let's do that one?"

Percy nodded with a grin and looked at his first idea: a love machine that would go around, giving everybody a affectionate note.

"Okay then, that sounds good," Elle softly smiled, then gasped, "Oh my gosh, it's so late! I have to go before I missed the bus."

"Oh, alright," nodded Percy then half-smiled, "Let me walk you there."

"Thank you," she beamed.

The cold night greeted them as they headed to the bus stop and Percy wrapped an arm around the girl to protect her from the cold.

"Ugh, I hate the cold," groaned Elle as they waited for the bus. "I wish it was spring already."

Percy laughed, "Well, you just got to wait for nine more weeks and suddenly, it's spring!"

That caused Elle to laugh and her cheeks slightly reddened when their eyes met and she softly called his name.

"Yes, Elle?" Percy raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"I...I wish..." her voice faltered, "I wish..."

Percy bit his lips, "Elle—"

With her eyes closed, a soft, sad smile formed on her face, leaning her head on his shoulder and she murmured, "I wish you were you're my lover boy."

[2/6/21] author's note! Thinking about how you guys would've probably cut Elle's head off if you read the original version of this chapter but I revise this chapter so no cutting Elle's head off for today—yet nevertheless I know that you guys would still cut her head either way. Tomorrow's chapter is an Annabeth's pov and it's going to focus on everybody's favorite couple so look out for that! I hope everyone is currently enjoying their weekend and yeah! Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙