Chapter 1

"MOM!" Crying to the top of my lungs, I dashed as speedily as I could. My feet slapping the floor harder as I reached closer to the fiery flame consuming our house continuously.

"Baby, please leave! Take the backyard route." I heard my papa's muffled voice between the outcries of the people outside the dwelling. My heart was ready to explode and my blood went cold. I watched in horror as he shoved the huge furniture towards the entrance that continued on thumping.

"I... I can't!" I wept out again and again, wheezing rigorously as the fume passed inside my lip, suffocating me to no end. A sudden yank left a shriek from my lip. My eyes shut as I feared whether the villagers entered our household.

"Naina.."

"Mom?" I opened my eyes gently, wrapping my nose with my palms to dodge the smoke entering my windpipe.

"Naina, you need to leave." She announced, I swung my head vigorously from left to right, tears soaking my cheeks. "They will... They will kill you!" She added. The sadness enveloping us as we ran into a storeroom away from the crowd. The thumping and yelling, still audible but fuzzy.

"They will murder you too, mom! I observed that in your-" I halted when she shook her head and shielded my mouth, interrupting me to speak the truth.

"You will run as far as you can. No stalling, no glancing back, no crying. Understood?" I couldn't peek into her eyes. I just couldn't.

"Mom, why are they even doing this?!" I begged hurriedly as she shoved something into a backpack. Glancing at her disheveled self, I panicked even more. Bloodstains on her body, hair messy, dress half tore and hands coated with dirt.

"Mom!" I whimpered, fumbling on something as I walked towards her.

"Listen to me." She whispered, eventually studying me. I avoided looking at her eyes. I nodded as she handed me the backpack and wiped my tears that didn't stop for a second.

"Don't let people know about your secret. You have to get through this, for me and your dad. Run as fast as you can without looking back." She deadpanned. The seriousness in her tone gave me goosebumps. The scorching heat from the fire enveloping our house tore me to the core. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I wanted to wake up from this horrible nightmare, but it felt too real.

"What about you?!" I interrogated her. My hands tightly clutching her hands. Her body was icy and so was mine.

"We will be fine. Wherever we will be, we will be together." She smiled. Her smile was the only thing that illuminated my life. But I didn't know when I would be able to see her again or I wouldn't.

"Mom, why don't papa and you come with me?! Or better, why don't I stop them and you both run away?!" I sobbed, crouching down as I was slowly losing it.

"Naina, look into my eyes and you will have the answer."

"No... No!" Inhaling in a sharp breath, I opened my eyes. My heartbeat thudding near my ear. Gasping, I scanned my surroundings and exhaled. 

****+****

🌟I would really appreciate it if you show some love and support by hitting at the star button below. Feel free to suggest anything if you'd want. I'd be glad to hear!🌟

❤Lots of Love ❤️