Decision

The crackling of fire from the lit torch plus the occasional howling of wolves deep within the woods brought a chilling feeling to Anna. She clung to someone's arms while walking.

"Y/n. I'm scared." she said.

"You should be. It's the middle of the night, it's too dark to see." you answered.

Tree branches creaked. Leaves rustled. The night air was cold.

"I'm so glad you found me."

"With you being loud? Who wouldn't?"

"Loud? But I tried my best to be as quiet as I can."

"Sure. Shrieking in the middle of the woods was the way to go to be quiet." you teased.

She glared at you while puffing her cheeks. She looked cute. You only noticed now how her hair was a bit messy. Her eyes are swollen too. Her lips…. her lips… you stared at it a bit too long.

"Y/n."

Anna's voice sounded different now too. Is that shyness you hear from her? You chuckled and shook your head.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"Nothing."

Your eyes suddenly moved to the side. You tried to listen. Anna's hands snaked around your torso. Your own hand automatically wrapped around her too. You moved the fire sideways trying to look for something.

"Is something wrong, Y/n? You look troubled." Anna asked.

"No, it's nothing. Keep walking."

You lead Anna towards a huge tree. You circled it until you saw the little footholds you made.

"Anna. Come here."

"What is it, Y/n?"

"Climb."

"What?"

Anna's gaze moved up. She squinted her eyes. It was dark but she noticed a faint silhouette above. There was a little cabin built on the tree.

"You made that!?" she exclaimed.

"Shh! Can you not be loud? Now climb."

"No wonder I can't find your old cabin." she said then started going up the tree expertly.

"Have you been climbing trees before? It looked so easy for you." you said.

"I did climb a lot. Trees. Mountains. Rooftops. You name it." she said proudly.

"You think that's something a princess can be proud of? Now, catch!"

You threw the torch upwards. Anna panicked but caught it anyway. Then you climbed up too. Anna put the torch on a sconce, then looked around.

"Wooow." she mused. "It's small."

"Wow, thanks. You're free to sleep outside if you want to."

"I'm kidding. It's a little bigger than the last."

You put your gears on a chest and sat down. Anna did the same beside you. You stayed like that for a few minutes until a grumbling noise disrupted the silence.

"What was that?" you asked Anna.

"I…. might not have eaten yet since this morning." Anna gave you a sheepish smile.

"You're really a pain, you know. You're lucky I still have some food stored.

-----

Your mouth dropped while watching Anna eat. She stuffed everything in her mouth.