No. 1: Vide Noir

▬▬▬▬▬ • ★ • ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ • ★ • ▬▬▬▬▬

"Follow the Emerald Star!"

In this book, you will see the journey of Wesley Vernon. All along with a girl who named herself  "Frankie" because she couldn't remember who she was and what happened to her, both decided to search for the answers to their countless questions about their lives.

Riding with an old car of Wesleyʼs late father, they rode the strange and never-ending road until they reached the bottom of that so-called Emerald Star. A mysterious star that the fortune-teller told them to follow.

What will they find out when they reach that place? Will their questions be finally answered? Or were they just heading straight into the pure, black void?

▬▬▬▬▬ • ★ • ▬▬▬▬▬

LH SERIES: VERNONʼS BLOODLINE
THE FIRST INSTALLMENT

Title: Vide Noir (a French word for "Black Void")Genre: Dark Fantasy / Science-FantasySub-genre: Mystery, SupernaturalStatus: Republished / Complete

Genre: Dark Fantasy / Science-Fantasy
Sub-genre: Mystery, Supernatural
Status: Republished / Complete

This story is based/inspired by:
Vide Noir
– Lord Huronʼs 3rd studio album

Date Started: February 15, 2021
Date Republished (for the nth time): August 14, 2023
Date Finished: December 30, 2023

▬▬▬▬▬ • ★ • ▬▬▬▬▬

This book of mine is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and events are fictitious unless otherwise stated. Any resemblance to real people, living or death, or actual events is purely coincidental.

And also,

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME! Ilang beses ko na ring sinasabi ʼto. I warned all of you, plagiarists! Don't steal my work. Do your own. Iʼm a World Ender, I can throw you on the edge of the universe! *death stares not only at the plagiarists but also at all of you*

Anyway, many parts of the ideas, plots, songs used, and anything that isnʼt mine is not mine. The rest were originally mine (characters, plots, lore, etc.). I'll also make a list of all the inspirations for this story below:

 • based/inspired by Lord Huronʼs 3rd studio album with the same name as this story, Vide Noir
• trailer video and its film, "Vide Noir (2022)"
• a 30-minute YouTube video of LH titled, "Products of the Universe with Marsha Tanley"
 • also based/inspired by Lord Huronʼs 3 other albums (Lonesome Dreams, Strange Trails, and Long Lost)

This version is not yet edited or revised, too—so, sorry for the grammatical, typographical, punctuational, and other errors that you are going to encounter. Sorry din kung hindi ako malinaw magsulat (kasi madalas akong lutang kapag nagsusulat, hehe). I'm still learning and progressing in writing stories. So please, bear with me!

• some pictures used sources: Pinterest, some videos from Lord Huronʼs YouTube channel, etc.)
• the book cover, artworks inside this story, and layouts were edited by: yours truly, Eliná Ailíniel

▬▬▬▬▬ • ★ • ▬▬▬▬▬

TRIGGER WARNING

•  this story contains violence, strong language, drugs, sexual assault, depression, anxiety, blood, death, and other dark and deep thoughts/ideas from my void.

• if you are oversensitive and didn't like all of the things I've said above, this book is not yours (lol)—but still, I'm not your boss. If you read this book until the end, I'll appreciate it a lot. But if not, thanks for the time you visit here.

• remember these warnings at all times while reading this story, because you can't blame me at the end, okay?

ADVANCED WARNING

• the darker chapters will be going to start in Chapitre Treize (chapter 13) onwards. It means that expect to encounter all of the things in the trigger warning.

▬▬▬▬▬ • ★ • ▬▬▬▬▬

ENJOY READING, WANDERING SOULS OUT THERE!