~Part 2: Chapter 32~

Start from the beginning

"Mommy, don't be scared of daddy. He's a good guy," he said sweetly, coming to his dad's defense.

What an awesome kid we created.

I laughed playfully, "I'm not afraid of your dad, Nathaniel. I know he will always protect us. It's just that, my head is very fuzzy and daddy makes it even fuzzier. I can't focus when he's around — so he has to stay with his friends for a little bit so mommy can figure some things out."

"Oh. Well, I think I'd like to hangout with daddy for a long time," he whispered shyly.

Zedlin wasn't even released yet and he already stole our kid from me.

"Of course, my love. You're going to stay with him as long as you'd like," I said surely.

Nathan frowned, "Who's going to protect you, mommy?"

"I'm stronger than I look. I'll be okay. You spend as much time with your dad as you want. When you miss me, I can come over and hangout with you guys for a little bit. How's that sound?"

"Hmm, I guess that sounds okay."

"Good! Now, let's pack up your bags. Your daddy will be home very soon!" I said with excitement, causing him to get hyped all over again.

Zedlin was almost going to be here and my stomach twisted tighter by the hour.

I was going to be a mess when I saw him.

*

Zedlin

My dad had always been a crier. It was just unfortunate that I'd become attuned with my emotions and was now turning into him.

"My son!" My dad boomed loudly as I walked out of the building as the guards so obviously watched my back.

When I reached my dads car, I surprised myself by throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly.

"Goddàmn, Zed! Be careful with that grip. I'm a fragile old man!" He chuckled gruffly.

I pulled back after slapping his back a few times, "Sorry. I missed you, dad."

My dads smile turned wobbly as he sniffled, tears rolling down his cheeks, "It's so good to hear you say that. You look great, man! Let me see this head of yours. Shorter than your usual. Looks good on you!"

My smile was so wide, my cheeks ached, "Sienna worthy?"

"Don't tell me you're nervous she's gonna dump you for a new haircut?"

I was hoping it would add to my sex appeal and get her swooning a little, but other than what was always in the back of my mind, I was focused.

"Nah. We've just been distant, you know? I'm not sure what she'll think. It's been a minute since she's seen me."

"I'm sure she'll love it. You know who will absolutely love it?"

I smiled and my heart felt like it was expanding by the seconds.

"My son," I said happily.

Dad chuckled, "He's amazing, that kid. Reminds me so much of you when you were his age. He's so intelligent and bright. You have an awesome kid to start loving and raising. And beware now, when I want pa-pa time I get it... but I'll stay out of your way for now."

"Thanks, dad. I'm grateful that he's had you. Now, take me to my family."

"Yes sir!"

*

Sienna

We had arrived at Zedlin's place and Derek and Garrett were currently keeping Nate occupied with their Xbox.