Chapter 10 - First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes

Start from the beginning

You guys got into the empty elevator and made your way up to the fourth floor, the quiet floor of your library, meaning if you were on that floor you weren't supposed to talk to anyone unless you were in a study room, which made it the ideal place to get work done. Kuroo looked at you, you were both leaning against the back of the elevator side by side. You looked back at him. His eyes shone and pierced yours as they looked at you softly. He started to lean in towards you and you closed your eyes as you leaned into him. You didn't know why but you felt a lot of sexual tension between the two of you. You started seeing Kuroo become more of a friend to you.

"Third floor." You both jumped and opened your eyes as you heard the elevator say these words and watched as the doors opened to let three other people inside. You smiled at them as they stepped beside the two of you. You pressed your body against Kuroo's to make space for them and he subtly placed his hand in the crook of your back which made you flustered. The doors opened and Kuroo removed his hand as the three other people got out before the two of you did. You both walked towards an empty study room with a big enough desk in the middle for the two of you and before you knew it you were both hard at work.

The sound of textbook pages being turned and fingers typing on keyboards filled the silence as the two of you got at it. Once in a while you would glance up at Kuroo and sometimes he'd catch you causing you to look away and pretend you were deep in thought before you proceeded to continue your work.

The two of you worked continuously for a few hours until you checked the time on your phone. It was 4:37 pm. You've been there for 8 hours and you got a ton of work done. You were finishing up a lab for biology but were interrupted by Kuroo who asked you a question.

"Hey do you wanna order some ramen?" Looking at you.
You looked up from your work and stared at him.
"Yeah actually, I'm starving." You said back, the idea of ramen made you salivate.
"Alright what's your order?" He asked, typing something into his phone.
"Pork Miso." You said back. The thought of ramen just made you so happy.
"Oh I love that shit." He said back to you. He typed the order into his phone. "It'll be here in like 10 minutes." He said getting back to doing his work.

"Here I'll pay you back." You said opening up your bank app.

"Don't worry about it, I had a discount." He said smiling.

"No please this is the second time today someone paid for me."

"It's fine y/n."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry."

You felt a little off having Kuroo pay for you but you were okay with it. You continued to do your work until Kuroo's phone went off indicating the driver was nearby.

"Hey, I'm just gonna run and grab it." He said getting up from his chair. You watched him leave the room as you finished up your lab. You started putting away things you finished with for the day and it made you feel relaxed. You heard your phone vibrate and you went to check it. You got a text from your mom.

Aimi

Hi are you busy
Need to talk

busy right now

Call me soon

k

You rolled your eyes. You really didn't feel like talking about anything with your mom. As soon as you turned legal, you moved out of your house and stayed at Kenma's until you had enough money to rent an apartment by yourself, until you got enough grants from your University to not have to pay for dorming. You really didn't want to deal with her right now.

Kuroo came back holding a brown paper bag, He placed it on the table and pulled out two containers containing your soup. He handed you a pair of wooden chopsticks. You broke them apart and started eating. Your mouth was filled with flavour that you've been craving. It was refreshing to eat one of your comfort meals after working on homework all day.

You looked at Kuroo as he made a noise slurping his noodles. He looked up at you and smiled and you giggled as you went back to eating yours. You looked at him again and he had a bit of food on his cheek.

"Wait lemme get that for you." You grabbed a napkin and wiped his cheek. He took your hand and placed it against his cheek while holding your hand. He looked into your eyes and you felt that tension again from earlier. You shook your head and took your hand off his face as you placed the napkin into the paper bag and sat back down on your chair.

Once Kuroo and you finished eating your ramen, you decided that you just wanted to spend the rest of the night in your room relaxing watching TV or something. So you and Kuroo cleaned the room and left the library.

"I feel like I work better when I do work with you." Kuroo said as you guys made your way down the steps of the library.

"Maybe it's because we know how important school is for one another." You said back to him. The sun was setting in the distance, a red cloudless sky with hints of violet and pink. You looked at the sun and as you watched it, Kuroo looked at how fascinated you were by it and let out a sigh. "Tetsurou?" You looked at him and your eyes locked again. He moved closer towards you.

"The sunset is almost as beautiful as you." He said looking at you pulling you in towards his chest. "You better not be falling for me." He said as he locked down at you as he hugged you.

"I'd never dream of it." You said pulling him closer towards you and resting your head on his chest.
"It's a bet then." He said as you both pulled away.
"What?" You questioned him.

"The bet is, you lose if you fall in love."

"And why would I fall in love with you?"

"That's why we're betting."

"Tetsurou you tease." You said smiling at him. He ran his hand through your hair before you parted ways and went back to your dorms.