He cocked his eyebrows then looked at Mike. “Well then, let me here that presentation.”

She sighed in relief but her heart sank too at that moment. He doesn’t even recognize her. She was used of him anyway so she had been wondering why she would felt that way. She was used to it. Even before. It was even worse than this.

She clicked the presentation while Mike is presenting their proposal. She can hear what he was saying but her mind doesn’t comprehend anything. Hence, her mind was floating somewhere, asking questions about why they would cross paths again.

“Ms. Lockser?” Her thoughts were popped as Mr. Rodriguez snapped his fingers on the air. “Are you alright, Ms. Lockser? We are asking you a question.”

She stood up and went over to Klare and Mike. She rubbed her palms together, embarrassed that she was unfocused. She wasn’t really like this. She felt embarrassed for being a burden to her other co-workers.

“What’s happening to you?” Klare whispered in her.

“Sorry. I don’t feel so well, today.” She whispered back while Mike was answering the question that has been asked to Juvia. She felt embarrassed again for having Mike save her butt.

She looked at her bosses. They really looked disappointed in her. But gladly, Mike saves the team. Then, she glanced at her new boss. Gray is staring at her intently, with those cold eyes. She looked away. She felt every hair on her skin rise with his stare. It was cold. It was intense. She felt her knees wobbled. My God, he still has that effect on her.

Then Gray raised his hands then started asking question to the group. “Has Ms. Lockser help at all?” His voice sounds so authoritative and offensive.

“S-Sir?” Mike stutters.

Gray sat properly. He put his hands together and landed his elbow on the table. He stared at Juvia then looked at the two persons beside her. Juvia’s nervousness suddenly became in anger. Of course, she was offended. She did help. She spent her nights just to finish this presentation.

“I don’t like repeating what I’ve said.” He said sternly. Juvia closed her eyes and tried to calm herself. She is starting to hate his attitude right now. “I asked if Ms. Lockser had helped you in this presentation.”

Klare answered for Mike. “Of course, Sir. She really helped a lot. She’s the one who had conceptualized this idea. Then, we just add some ideas that might help.”

Gray slowly nodded his head then he looked at Juvia. Her eyes widened when he saw him smirk. Irritation runs through her skin right now. Is he trying something here? She wanted to speak but her lips were pursed.

“I see.” He finally talked. He looked at the presentation again and glanced at the team. He frowned. “I don’t like this. Change it.”

His voice is cold and authoritative. Klare and Mike shoulders slumped down while Juvia’s jaw almost fell. The four other bosses were shocked as well. They knew the presentation was good.

“But, Mr. Fullbuster, I think the presentation is good.” Said the other member of the board but Gray glared at him. He was shut down immediately.

“Or we can change some parts of it that you don’t like, Mr. Fullbuster. The other ideas are quite new and interesting.”

“No. I want them to change it. That’s not good enough if they’re going to advertise this company.” He said.

Juvia’s cheeks are now red. She is now fuming mad. But he can’t yell at her boss. That’s the thing about bosses; you can’t tell them you want to kill them with your stares. She stared at Gray like she was piercing him until he bleeds. She wanted to confront him. It’s okay if she would feel like they hadn’t known each other. It’s okay for her not to acknowledge her as his friend or what. He doesn’t care about that. She felt like he was getting personal with what they had and her work.