Chapter 14

Caroline

I almost couldn't fall asleep. I wanted to hate Dick, I didn't want to believe him, but I knew him too well. He wasn't lying, he was being genuine. 

I knew Jason was having the same thoughts. He didn't talk about it but I knew his death and resurrection gave him PTSD. I knew the last thing he saw before he died was an empty warehouse, then an explosion. No Bruce or Dick insight. 

It wasn't my place but I suspected that there might've been more to the story, a part of the story that Jason didn't know. He and I held such hatred we had never thought about there may have been some part to the story we didn't know. Neither of us were thought we were jumping to conclusions.

"Babe, go to sleep." Jason turned over and pulled me into his arms. 

"I'm trying, I can't get what Dick said out of my mind." I cuddled into his arms and kissed his chest.

"I know but you need sleep, we will deal with all that tomorrow." I don't sleep enough, a common trend with me, I always feel like there isn't enough time in the day and enough time to sleep, I just wish I didn't need sleep sometimes. 

I finally drifted off to sleep, after fighting it for as long as I could, my body gave up on me.

I woke up a couple of hours later, an empty bed beside me. I sat up and looked at my phone.

11 am? I need to stop sleeping in, this is getting ridiculous.

I got up and walked into the living room, looking for Jason, disappointed to see he wasn't there. It was then that I heard faint music coming from the spare room. Walking to the door the music became clearer.

Classic rock. 

I smiled at the choice, knowing it was Jason's guilty pleasure. I knocked lightly on the door before opening it. The multiple screens were full of news articles and old new stories from youtube. He was investigating what happened directly after his death. 

"Jason? What are you doing?" I asked as I walked over to the chair adjacent to his. He turned down the music slightly and kept the furrow on his brow.

"It pains me. Knowing I might've been wrong the past 3 years, I've blamed Bruce for so long I don't know what to do knowing that Dick is telling the truth." Jason's tone was strained. I sighed and looked at some of the articles on the screen.

Warehouse Explosion Kills Boy Wonder

Joker VS Robin.

BREAKING: Robin Killed in Fiery Explosion

ROBIN DEAD

All dated the day after he died, Jason Todd's death was labeled as a casualty of the incident, Bruce came up with a story about Jason being in that area with friends. 

"I know, I feel the same way towards Dick, and Bruce, I thought Bruce knew of the plans to remove me, but now I'm second-guessing whether or not he knew at all." He turned to me and kissed my head.

"Good morning, Beautiful." I smiled.

"Let's go to the Watchtower, get our answers, do what needs to be done to stop the League. We can decide after that if we want to forgive them, or never speak to any of them ever again." I kissed his lips softly. I pulled away to see his face had relaxed. 

"You're right. You sure I can't bring a gun?" He smirked. I gave him a look.

"One that doesn't use bullets maybe, stun or water would suffice." I giggled before closing the tabs on all screens. He scoffed at me.