She's My Pure-blooded Master?! Chapter 7- James

Alrighty! I am going to try and get to chapter 10 by next week! Hopefully I can do it! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tossed and turned, groaning angrily after a few hours of going in and out of sleep. I sat up, fully frustrated and rubbed the few amounts of sleep completely out of my eyes. Maybe it was because I was a vampire that I felt uneasy sleeping, I thought. Somehow, I felt so vulnerable that, even with my newfound strength, the surroundings scare me.

I pulled some new clothes on that were hanging in my closet, realizing that I had been wearing the same clothes for at least a day. These clothes weren't really to my liking and I could tell they were something Arina would like just from the style she wore. Most of the time it was lots of gothic lolita clothes . . . not that I would notice the style of clothes she wears! I shook my head from the thoughts and finished buttoning up my shirt.

I now had a suit on. The black vest was open with a white undershirt showing that had chains connected to the black dress pants; there were also some chains coming from the pockets on my vest. I looked  in the mirror and nodded to myself. "Pretty good," I said out loud with a shrug.

I started walking down the corridors after I had changed, but I cursed myself when I got lost. Again. After wandering around for what I was sure close to half an hour, I saw a figure strolling down towards me. This time I wouldn't attack the person even though ever cell in my body said otherwise. I stood still in the middle of the hall and noticed this one had an orange carpet running the length of it. I was relieved when I saw the silent James walking down the hallway towards me.

I sighed and gave James a weak and awkward smile not knowing how to say hello or hot to even really to talk to the fairy; he just seemed so unapproachable. I was kind of jealous though because girls always went for the strong, silent type. I, on the other hand, wasn't as popular.

James stopped in front of me, this time he wasn't wearing his chef's outfit. Right this moment, he was wearing pajamas. His pants were a light baby blue and he wore a matching button-up long sleeve shirt.

"Breakfast is ready, that is if you want it," he said, his voice nonchalant and calm. He turned and walked the direction he had come from before so I followed.

"How the hell did you find me? I can't even navigate around this place!" I mumbled irritated, scratching the back of my head.

"It's easier when you've lived here for a while," James mumbled softly.

I paused for a moment, and then continued walking silently. Our footsteps could be heard now and then when we walked off of the carpet. "So why are you here?" I asked after deliberating if I should or shouldn't. I mean, the guy seemed like he would get mad at me if I asked.

James let out a long sigh that seemed annoyed. "Most of us came here because we were in trouble and Arina was the one to help us. Some of us were abandoned, or some of us had everything taken from us," James mumbled quietly. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk about this but I wanted to know. I was curious and I didn't see why someone would want to come to this dark, dank place.

I watched James carefully. I didnt say anything, just patiently waited for him to continue. Eventually, he stopped walking and looked me straight in the eyes, which suddenly allowed me to actually notice his pained face. "Edward, sir, your family was killed. Well, three years ago, my lover was taken away and the man who did it tried to frame Arina. I hated her for taking my Katterbree away; she was beautiful and kind, a wood fairy actually and . . . I loved her oh so much," James said sadly his face hard and pained before he turned and started walking down the corridor again.

"She took me here and for a long time I didn't speak, but that was before I found out about Arina and everyone else too. I was the last to come here before yourself," James laughed, and actually smiled at me for what seemed to be the first time. "I like it here and I love Arina. She's like a sister," James said as his face turned calm again.

"What did you find out about everyone?" I asked curiously, my eye wide. Trust Arina? I didn't quite understand. What could be so bad that I could trust Arina, though after hearing James's story I knew I could trust him.

"Well, you'll have to ask them that. I've told you my story but it's not my place to tell you theirs," James eyes sharpened and became unyielding. I knew not push on because I wouldn't get any more answers from him.

With a sigh I nodded my head and then I saw the doors to the dining hall. I quickened my pace, wanting to ask my question to everyone. Why exactly was everyone here? I opened the double doors, James not too far behind me, and noticed the room was filled with light and the table was full of food; everyone that I already know was here. Tom and Alice were sitting across from each other, and Arina was between them at the top of the table, like usual.

They all looked happy and even Alice was smiling and talking excitedly, a book beside her plate. Alice only had meat on here plate, almost the same as Arina though Arina also had eggs. Tom had fruits and everything on his plate.

For the first time, that I have noticed, the curtains were open revealing the outside. When James had said breakfast I had expected morning but it was, in fact, night time! It wasn't that dark but the sun was gone.

"Breakfast? This is dinner time!" I exclaimed before Arina laughed and smiled at me.

James passed by me and sat down at his spot, his plate consisting of only fruits.

"Vampires can't go out in the day time," Arina explained with a grin. "Even a human should know that!"

I gave her a confused look and sat down, a bit away from the group; I still had some trust issues. "So we burn up when the sun touches us?" I tried to make sense of the idea.

"No. That part is different. Vampire's lose sanity. So, basically, most people in asylums that die quickly are vampires." Arina took sips of her blood and cleaned her plate.

I gaped at her like an idiot. "What! How is that even possible!" I almost yelled. Arina only smiled,

"Surprise," she said devilishly, and in the heat of the moment I forgot to ask why everyone was here.