Chapter 9 - Borderline - Tame Impala

Start from the beginning

-----

You got ready, tying your hair up into a bun. You grabbed your lab coat from your closet and tucked it into your backpack, making sure you had what you needed. Your coat, your goggles, your laptop, a bottle of water, a notebook and some pens. You looked at yourself in your mirror and looked at your neck. You changed the top you were wearing and put on a black turtleneck. It still didn't cover the marks, so you covered up with the best of your abilities. You had black pants on too, so you were rocking an all black look.

You texted Kuroo.

Tetsurou

you on ur way?

In like 10 wby?

same

You were excited. Not just for the research, but you got to see Kuroo. You didn't have class in the lab this week, just submitted your reports, you haven't seen him since Sunday and you were excited. You don't know why but going behind Eva and Kenma's backs made you feel more alive, it also gave you another distraction from your parents' messy problems.

You put on your sneakers that you wear for the lab and headed out the door. You were making your way down the hallway and you saw Eva again.

"Hey girl! Are you going to work on that lab thing now? " She asked, stopping you in your tracks.

"Yeah, I gotta go, we can talk later?? I'll meet you at the cafe again tomorrow??" You asked her.

"Of course, just like every week baby." She said back as you walked by her, you turned your head and waved at her and she looked at you and waved too.

You made your way to the science building and made your way to the second floor, which had the labs with all the professional equipment that your school had to offer. This was another thing that you were granted when you ranked high in the academic rankings last year. Both you and Kuroo had opportunities like this.

You got to the room and were greeted by both Prof. Ukai and Kuroo. They both flashed a smile as you set your bag down on one of the benches taking out your lab coat, goggles and notebook and walking over to them.

The three of you worked on a lot of things, constantly going over and reviewing everyone's work. You thought it was nice having another student with you as you worked with your Prof. It was easier with the three of you and it helped that Kuroo was a quick thinker and extremely smart too.

Your professor left the room and told you guys to clean up and lock up. You guys were done for the evening and it was late. You erased the white board that you were working on and looked at Kuroo who was standing behind you. He put his hands on your waist and you felt butterflies in your stomach. You put the eraser down and you put your hands over his. You turned around to face him and you looked up at him.

"Tetsurou what are you doing?" You asked, still keeping his hands on your waist.

"Nothing, I was just reading what you were erasing." He said, looking at you in your eyes. You felt flustered but you didn't want him to know that.

"You fucking tease," you said nudging his arm which made him laugh, "let's go I gotta sleep early."

"Right, me too." He said following you at the door and locking it behind you. You both make your way towards Prof. Ukai's office leaving the keys in the drawer of his desk. Then you both walk out of the building.

"Goodnight, y/n." Kuroo said as he pulled you into a hug.

"Goodnight Tetsurou." As you hugged him back and watched him walk away from you and head towards his dorm.

You made it back to your room and you got inside and thought about the day. You absolutely loved everything about it. The fact that you got to spend time with Kenma and work on chemistry with one of the smartest students in your year and not to mention an amazing professor who was recognized nationally.

You had Kuroo plastered all over your mind. He made you tingle just thinking about him, you haven't felt this way about someone in a while. You questioned the way you felt about him. Maybe you didn't hate him anymore but still, you didn't know what his intentions with you were. He's the second person in your life that you have allowed yourself to be vulnerable with and you accepted that.

You put on some pyjamas before going to the bathroom to wash up before you go to bed. You looked at yourself in the mirror still admiring the marks that Kuroo left on you as you washed away the makeup covering it.

You crawled into bed still thinking about Kuroo and everything going on in your life. It was overwhelming to think about at first but you thought about when Kuroo held you in his arms and it calmed you down putting you to sleep.