𝟛 , birthdays and... is that julie?

Start from the beginning

"yeah," reggie nodded, "and, even more, we figured out bobbie stole all of our songs." you raised your eyebrows, "all of the ones lukes wrote at least. he produced them all under his name," he paused, "well, his new name, trevor wilson." the boys cringed, and you found yourself doing the same.

you were shocked, to say the least. and confused. and, even though they weren't your songs, hurt. why would bobbie steal all of their music? was he really that selfish?

"i can't believe bobbie would do that..." you muttered, looking at the floor.

"yeah, we were pretty upset too. so we went to his hous-" alex's hand hit reggies shoulder, and reggies mouth instantly snapped shut. you had barely noticed though, still clouded by your confusion.

"we went to meet caleb." alex continued, trying to pick off of reggies latest sentence. you began to pay more attention as they explained to you the rest of the nights events.

the boys had ended up spending too much time at this place called the hollywood ghost club, which, to you, sounded majorly sketchy. point being to find a way to talk to bobbie, and ask him why he stole their music. apparently a ghost friend of alex's had said he knew a guy who could help. which is this caleb dude, the seeming to be chill magician, but might have given them these dangerous jolts they were now experiencing.

but anyway, they ended up missing their gig with julie, hence the angry fight you had just witnessed.

"we can't even worry about that right now." alex put his fingertips to his temples, "we need to get julie back, and now luke's gone." alex groaned, and reggie was seen putting his head in his palms.

"well we all can guess where he is right now." you sighed, "we all know what today is."

the fact that today was your boyfriends birthday settled into the group, and no one said a word.

after a moment of silence, though, you took a deep breath, "this julie girl is really rubbing me the wrong way though." you groaned, standing up and pacing the floor in front of the boys, "i mean what she said was way out of line."

the boys nodded, "you're right, but she was just mad. it wasn't right for us to stand her up either." alex said.

"yeah, that girl has been through a lot." reggie shook his head.

"we should probably go talk to her." alex said, standing up, "and i have an idea."

♫ ♥

about an hour later, you shuddered as a tear rolled down your cheek as you watched your boyfriend sob.

you and the boys explained to julie lukes past, and offered to show her the consequences of it. you brought her to see luke watch his family eat his birthday cake, and blow out the candles with them. julie was finally starting to get it, the boys weren't selfish, they were just mad. revengeful. luke needed bobbie to produce those songs under all their names, so lukes parents could've been comforted. so missing their gig because they were at calebs last night wasnt the nicest thing, but all they wanted was a way to get answers.

"i never knew luke was hurting this much." julie said as a tear strolled down her own cheek. you wanted to tell her how mean and out of line she had spoken to luke given his circumstances, but you decided to hold it in.

the boys and julie decided to leave, having made their point, and you said you'd stick around.

"i'll be here for him when he leaves." you forced a smile, and everyone nodded. as the group walked away, alex backed up a few steps to face you.

"did you know?" he muttered, and he didn't have to clarify what he was talking about for you to understand.

"yeah," you nodded, having knowing the state his parents were in, "they did this exact thing last year, and it hasn't gotten any better."

alex sadly nodded, squeezing your shoulder before walking away himself, "bring him home, ok?"

you sighed, hating the fact that your lives had turned into this.

you leaned yourself next to the front door, deciding you'd wait for luke to come out on his own. you'd be here for him when he was ready.

about twenty minutes later, a flash to your left startled you. you picked your head up, realizing you hadn't thought about what you would say to the boy.

he raised his head to see you standing there, and his face fell, "what are you doing here?"

you tilted your head at your boyfriend, "do you really have to ask that." you laughed slightly, even though you really didn't find it funny.

"you knew??" he had trouble looking up at you as he asked the same question alex had a few minutes ago. this one hurt more to deliver.

your silence told him the answer though.

you muttered an 'im so sorry', but it was barely audible.

luke let out a breath, one that masked another sob, and ran into your arms. you hugged him back immediately, and you two stood there for quite sometime.

"it's ok, luke." you whispered at some point, and he nodded against your shoulder, sniffling, "they're your parents." you closed your eyes, "and they're still your parents."

sometime later, he picked his head up, wiping the remaining tears off of his and your face, and took your hand, "thank you, for always being here."

"thank you for always letting me."

you smiled at each other, and you ruffled his hair, "let's go home, yeah?"

he sniffled again, but nodded, not letting go of your hand.