"I'm messing with you," he nudged her shoulder slightly, causing her to glare in his direction. "Hey, what time do you need to leave?"

"In a bit or so, why?" she looked at him with uncertain eyes suddenly. "Do you need me to drop—"

He shook his head quickly. "Nah, it's cool. I can handle Junior today. You had him yesterday."

"Okay, if you say so," she nodded, understanding. Going in for a bite of her salad, the doorbell sounded around the place. She let out a soft huff, digging the fork back into the bowel. "I'll get it." She passed by Amari, pushing his shoulder down so he would sit down in her previous seat. Reaching the front door, she opened it to come face to face with her boss, Claire Reyes. Her brows lifted with ease. "Claire, you're here?"

Claire nodded, humming lightly. "I am, dear," the two exchanged their hugs and kisses before pulling away from each other. "Oh, I also brought along those two."

Even without glancing away from the older woman, Kyrie caught onto who Claire could have been referring to, the giggles of the pair soon matching to faces. Glancing behind Claire's figure, she couldn't help but let out a small laugh when she noticed Wynter and Harper exiting their ride in fits of laughter. Though when the pair noticed Kyrie stood by the porch, they stopped in their places before they leapt in her direction.

"It's all fun and games until you have to go through a 2-hour journey with these two," Claire let out a tired sigh, causing Kyrie to laugh a bit. "I'll be inside," she patted her shoulder before she headed inside.

"Kyrie!" Without given an opportunity to give a verbal response, she let out an oof when she was suddenly embraced by her friends. Nonetheless, she eventually gave in and returned the soft gesture. And she was happy to do so as it was her first time getting a glimpse of some of her friends since returning from Germany.

"Winnie, Harper. What are you guys doing here?" Kyrie asked once they soon pulled away.

WYNTER REYES wasn't anyone far from Kyrie's knowledge. With her World Cup participation and victory in 2018, she was viewed as the most influential figure amongst the friend group; she always had some project or plan about football equality in the works. Besides her international presence, Wynter also carried a down-to-earth persona; she appreciated her fans and supporters but she appreciated her inner circle so much more. "We have international break to get to," Wynter explained as the trio made their way towards the kitchen. She nudged her teammate. "Hunt here is hitchhiking a ride with me and my mom's just dropping us off. Hi Amari!"

Amari jumped in his place sightly at the sudden noise, soon feeling Kyrie's eye on him. He set his (her) fork down as he wiped the side of his mouth in attempts to remove a stray piece of food from his face. "Hey, Winnie. Harper. Mrs Reyes," he waved with his broad grin, his familiar persona beginning to reflect more in his posture.

"Good morning, Amari, and how many times have I told you to just call me Claire? Don't make me feel old," Claire chuckled lightly when he could only respond with an honest and apologetic shrug. "Anyway, where's Amari Jr at?"

"He's asleep still," he answered. "He doesn't have to be up until later on."

Harper tilted her head slightly, her lips forming into a timid pout. "Aw, I wish I could've seen him before we leave. He would have made my day better."

HARPER HUNTER was a kind of her own; bashful when displaying a hint of her demeanour yet amusing when her personality was on for show to a full extent; she bared a competitive football mindset yet supportive of other's accomplishments even if it went against her own. She carried almost every characteristic one would search for in a close friend—hence why she suited so well with Wynter. The pair have been close friends since their early PSG days so when Harper recently transferred to Liverpool, it was clear to those around them that the two wouldn't be seen without each other if nothing was holding them back from doing so.