Dean relaxes back into the couch, taking another swig of his beer.

"Well, I do know this – whatever you decide, decide. Both feet in or both feet out. Anything in between is what gets you dead." He says genuinely. 

They share a silence for a couple of seconds before Sam speaks up again.

"Yeah, I keep hearing that. I'm gonna... take a walk. Clear my head."

You watch as Sam gets up and walks out the door, leaving you and Dean alone.

"So-" you say awkwardly, turning your full attention to Dean. "About the whole purgatory thing..."

"-Y/n," Dean says setting back down his beer and moving closer to you. "Me and Cas... We were in the fight of our lives out there. We had to make decisions and one of them was to make an alliance."

You listened carefully. You wanted to ask so many questions but you held your tongue and listened.

"We met this vampire named Benny and I helped him get out of purgatory too."

"How?" you blurted. You suddenly caught yourself and clasped your hand over your mouth making Dean chuckle.

"No. It's okay. You can ask questions." He says with a small smile. You watch as he rests his hand on your thigh, making light circles with his thumb as he stares into your eyes. He looked down for a second as his smile faltered a little.

"It's not really important" you say grabbing his hand. His eyes looked up into yours once again, piercing you with vibrant green. "Go on"

"Anyways, I just thought you should know that, seeing as Benny was framed for some murders on the last last case we were working on. Me and Sam got into a fight and so incase it comes up again I thought you should know the context" He says honestly.

You smile. You couldn't hold back your smile even if you wanted too. Dean was always one to push down his feelings and emotions, never wanting to talk about the difficult things about this way of life, so the fact he was actually opening up about the past few weeks really made you aware of how much he truly trusted you.

***

It had been a solid week of doing virtually nothing and it was driving you a little crazy, though the company wasn't half bad. Dean had you on bedrest and mindless T.V. while him and Sam searched through cases. You literally begged to help them find something, but Dean insisted that they could find something without your help. He was stubborn. Even your most ·tantalizing tricks wouldn't work on the man so you knew you were out of luck on this one.

You currently were on the couch, listening to Sam and Dean talk about different possible cases. You had finally given up on trying to be helpful and were trying to focus on the latest episode of (T.V. Show).  Suddenly, a ringtone could be heard from somewhere in the couch. You reach your hand in-between the cushions and pull out Sam's phone and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Y/n!" Garths voice practically sang through the phone. "Sam was telling me that the three of you were back together again. How the heck are you?"

You chuckle catching Sam and Dean's attention. "Garth. Hey! I am doing a lot better. Battle wounds are healing nicely so I am all set to go. Any updates from Kevin?"

"Actually, I was calling about a case. Apparently, some guy from Farmington Hills, Michigan got ripped limb from limb inside his locked apartment. I was thinking you three would be perfect for the case."

"Sounds good to me! Send Sam the info." You say excitedly. You hear Garth hang up and quickly turn around to see both Sam and Dean giving you stupified looks.