the trip was a little awkward, because while Kaldur sat in the cab with their host and the rest of the kids had to ride in the back.
They rode along, getting tossed around by the unpaved road. They had to discuss over the mindlink since they couldn't hear each other over the ancient, creaking truck, all while being scorched beneath the wavering mid-summer sun.

'who is Clark?' Conner asked abruptly.

'...What?' Wally replied.

'you recognized the name of her son.'

Dick stepped up. 'oh, we were just joking about this guy we know; Clark Kent...'

'why?'

'inside joke.' Wally replied.

'Before your time'

there were so many inside jokes that were 'before their time'. Conner didn't let it deter his curiosity: 'who is Clark Kent though?'

'He's the guy who hooked us up with this.' Wally told him.

'He works with the League?' Conner asked.

Wally and Robin locked eyes, and laughed. 'you could say that...'

Frustrated with this answer, the Clone stopped trying them. He slumped back against the warm metal pensively, letting himself soak up the sun's radiation; he never felt like this in New England: warm, energized, like he'd been plugged into a wall socket.

The truck rumbled to a stop, and he heard the others scrambling up and grabbing their bags. Reluctantly, he opened his eyes and followed.

They were on a driveway which snaked through a modestly sized Farm, certainly no industrial plot, but functional and well into it's lifespan. The truck had stopped at a small farmhouse, which looked straight out of an old film; Mrs. Kent signaled for them to follow her as she unlocked the door.

The inside of the house was as picturesque as the outside, a two story building, with worn, clean-swept wooden floors, and walls peppered with photos.

"Conner, look." M'gann observed, lifting a frame off the side table in the hallway. The photo was a seven-or-eight-year-old boy on a tire swing; wavy black hair, shocking blue eyes, sunny apricot skin and a beaming grin. "They does kinda look like you!"

"Whoa, hey! This one too!" They turned to the photo Wally had selected: Conner, with his hair styled different and a pair of glasses smacked on him on him, in a graduation robe, standing with a middle-aged man and Woman.

"Weird." Artemis shuddered. "Uncanny."

"I understand why Mrs. Kent mistook you for her son." Kaldur connected the dots first- after Wally and Dick, of course.

"You can put your things in here for now." Mrs. Kent instructed. They followed her voice into a tidy living room. They quietly set their bags down, watching the older lady. "Go in, take a seat." They did. "Can I get you something to drink? We have water, sweet tea, and I made some lemonade yesterday."

She got them drinks, and looked around the six teens. "Am I allowed to know everybody's names?"

"Uh, sure." Wally nodded, she was Superman's mom, she could keep their secrets. "We met once, few years back, kid flash? You told me to come back when I was teen-flash?" He laughed pathetically. "I mean,  everyone calls me Wally, though."

She seemed very fond that he was named Wally, recounting a brief story of a train conductor she once knew named Wallace.

"Uh, hi, I'm Artemis." Artemis muttered. "That's my name, too. Artemis Crock."

"Hello, My name is M'gann." M'gann introduced herself. "Or, Ms. Martian."

"Megan?" Mrs. Kent asked.

"...That works." The Martain replied, very used to this mistake by now.

"Robin, of course, The Boy Wonder." The youngest flexed. "You know me; Dick Or Richard."

"I use the name Aqualad, but my name is Kaldur'ahm. But, everyone calls me Kaldur."

"Uh. I'm Superboy." Conner said.

"Super...boy?" She asked.

"Uh, yes." They went silent, and the room became very awkward, only Wally and Dick knew why. "What? What's happened?" He asked, noticing the quiet.

"And your name?" Dick asked his teammate.

"...Conner Kent." He finished.

The older woman inhaled sharply, and then... more awkward silence. "Excuse me, I'll be right back."
They watched the woman leave, climbing the stairs.

Conner sat there uncomfortably. "...Did I do something again?"

"Nothing, you didn't do anything wrong." M'gann assured him quickly, patting her best friend's shoulder.

"You probably weirded her out because you have such a similar name to her son." Artemis said. "It's like the stars aligned for this one."

Kaldur rest a hand on Conner's shoulder. "Please don't worry. I don't think you scared her. It's just a coincidence."

"I mean, it is weird, isn't it?" Wally added, grinning. "It's like you're a clone of him."

Dick shot him a glare.

"That isn't funny." Conner told him. It wasn't. .

They sat uncomfortably for about five minutes, one of them would occasionally crack a joke or something, but it was awkward.

"...And we have to spend a week here, you say?" Artemis snarked. "This is gonna suck!"

"I mean, it's a small place, but it's more-or-less my home terf." Wally reasoned.

"I mean, there are like sixty people in the whole hick town!" The blonde rolled her eyes.

M'gann tried to defend the place. "It's picturesque, though. So romantic, and quiet..."

"Great," Artemis snarked. "fourteen nights in the middle of fucking nowhere!"

"Hey- we'll have none of that language here, young lady."

Caught off guard, the Blonde, shot upright stumbled over her reaction. "Uh, sorry." She muttered.

"Well alright then." The old lady reentered. She pet the girl's hair. "But we don't cuss in this house."

Wally gave his teammate a taunting smile, humming a little. Artemis waited for Mrs. Kent to turn away and flipped off the redhead, embarrassed.

Two weeks in tthe middle of nowhere, in an old lady's house... just what they wanted out of spring break.