UA SPORTS FESTIVAL

Start from the beginning

" Yeah, they could attack once we're all in the same place." Jirou commented.

" Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat had been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus, they'll be beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not just something we can cancel because of a few villains." He said.

" Uh, I'm sorry, but why not? It's just a sports festival!" Mineta said.

" Mineta, don't you know how important this competition is?" Midoriya asked.

" Of course I do. I just don't wanna get murdered." Mineta said.

" Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games, but quirks started appearing. Now the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anybody who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival." Her Dad monologue.

" That's right; and top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted." Yaoyorozu said.

" She's right. After graduating, a lot of people join pro agencies as a sidekick." Kaminari commented.

" Yeah, but that's as far as some people will go. They miss their chance to go indie. Actually, that's probably where you're headed. You're kinda dumb." Jirou said. The tension in this room. So many different thoughts.

" It's true that joining a famous hero agency can garner your greater experience and popularity. That's why the sports festival matters. If you ever wanna go pro one day, then this event could open a path for you. One chance a year. Three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival." He said.

" That means you better not slack off on your training." 

" Yes sir!" 

" Good. Class dismissed."

Later on in the day

Kaori walked into the teacher's lounge, closing the door behind her as she walked towards the dining area of the teacher's lounge where her Dad sat.

" So, are you doing ok?" She asked, sitting down.

" Yes, I'm alright. What about you; I never asked if you were alright." He said.

" Just minor dizziness and the blood. All the blood and the b-....I'm sorry, I shouldn't have talked about any of that. I wasn't-" She started, but he cut in.

" No, it's fine. I know how you feel about the blood. Your mother has the same problem." He said.

" Yeah, I remember. She used to just get sick cutting herself and seeing it." Kaori said, smiling a bit.

" I was worried she'd faint every time she saw something bloody in a battle, but she always pushed herself to go beyond her fear." He said.

" Yeah, plus ultra style right?" She asked. He chuckled and she followed along as well. However, Aizawa's chuckling died a bit as he felt a wave of guilt pass through him. How was he supposed to tell her? He wasn't sure how she'd handle it, much less them.

" Yeah, exactly...." He said.

" Well, I better get to lunch before it ends. You sure you'll survive the day?" She asked one more time as she stood.

" I'll be just fine." he said.

" Alright. Bye, Chichi." She said.

" Bye, sweetheart." He said. She smiled and walked out of the dining area and into the lounge part of the teacher's lounge only to see the couch turned over as Midoriya was sitting on the other side of the coffee table. He happened to be muttering as well.

" Are you just going to mutter all day or help All Might?" She asked, walking over.

" Oh hey, Kaori. KAORI?!!" He said.

" Hi." She said.

" Wait, is it okay for her to see you like this?!" Midoriya asked worriedly.

" What? Yeah, of course. She's known since the first of school." He said.

" Yeah, anyways, nice seeing you two. Bye." She said. She walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Later

The door to the classroom was blocked by a crowd of students. She understood why a bunch of other students were blocking the door, but not letting them out. That was the confusing part. 

" Hey Kaori!" She heard Mina say. Her head turned to look at Mina who was walking over to her. 

" Can I help you, Mina?" She asked, turning towards Mina's direction. 

" Hm? Oh no, I don't need help. I just wanted to talk with you." Mina said smiling. Kaori nodded and Mina shifted her weight from foot to foot, swaying back and forth, talking and smiling at 100 miles per hour. As Kaori continued to listen to Mina, Mineta's voice caught her attention.

" I won't let you hold us hostage!" Mineta said.

" They're scouting out the competition. We're the class that survived a real villain attack in our first year after just a few days of being here." Bakugou said, walking past them to the door. 

" At least now you people know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras." Bakugou said.

" Don't mind him, he's a little hotheaded. If you don't mind, we need to get through." She said from her desk.

" So this is Class 1A? I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass." 

The voice of her friend, Hitoshi Shinsou, made her groan. This wasn't going to end well.

" Dammit.." She said, pinching her nose bridge. 

" What? Is something wrong?" Mina asked, tilting her head.

" Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you?" Shinsou, tempting Bakugou's anger.

" Please don't start a fight, Shinsou!" Kaori called from her desk. He then explained the whole in and out, track of life thing, ignoring her. 

" Consider this a declaration of war." Shinsou said. Bakugou and the boy seemed to stare each other down. Then someone barged into the conversation.

" HEY YOU! I'm form Class 1B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains and I came to see if that was true! But you're just a bunch of brats that think you're better than us! TALK ALL YOU WANT! IT'LL BE JUST MORE EMBARRASSING WHEN YOU'RE KO'D OUT THIS DOOR!" A boy said. Bakugou started to walk away, not minding a word the kid said. Bakugou stopped and said something about the rest of the people don't matter and that he has to beat them. 

" Damn little mind warping violet plum head..." She muttered to herself, standing and walking towards the door. She grabbed Shinsou's ear and started dragging him away. 

" Ow, ow, ow, HEY! Let go, Kaori!" 

" Then try not to start a fight. Though it's nice to see you manned up." 

" HEY!"