" Shoto, what kind of tea do you like?" She asked, looking toward him.

" Chamomile." He said, walking into the room. She nodded, grabbing the tea kettle with a cloth. She took the kettle off the burner, allowing it to cool. After a while, she poured the hot water into two cups. She glanced at Todoroki, who looked visibly on edge. 

" Shoto, are you alright?" She asked, setting the tea kettle on the back burner. She brought the two cups of tea to the table, setting one down in front of Todoroki. He thanked her, taking a sip. As he set his cup down, he looked back up at her.

" How is Mr. Aizawa? Have you seen him yet?" He asked. She expected somebody to ask her how Aizawa was, but if she saw him? She felt embarrassed to answer. She set her cup down, still starring at it. 

" From what the doctors say, he's stable, but I.......I've been avoiding seeing him." She said, feeling vile for not going to see her own father. 

" Because you're scared to see him at a vulnerable state." She heard him say. She looked back up, a little surprised. How did he know her exact feelings?

" Seeing the people you love hurt can be terrifying....I came here to return these to you," He said, changing the topic quickly as he brought out two of her puppets. Her's and Aizawa's. He held them out, allowing her to softly take them. For some odd reason, she felt an odd feeling of butterfly's in her stomach. 

" I noticed you dropped them when I was at the Central Plaza. I thought you might want them back. I'd also like to ask if you'd want to be...allys...?" He asked, averting his eyes from hers as he took another simp. He was like her. Unsure of how to make friends without being awkward. Going it alone. She smiled a bit, nodding.

" Friends." She said. His eyes looked back at her, seeing the smile on her face. It made him something in his heart light and fluffy. He stopped the strange feeling, nodding back in agreement. The two sat there, drinking their tea. However, Todoroki finished his sip before her. 

" There was a picture in the hall. Mr. Aizawa and a woman. Is that your mother?" He asked. She coughed a bit, setting her tea down as she held her heart, looking away.

" I-i'm sorry. I should've waited till you finished and then asked you the question. I didn't think if it was a traumatic story or not. Please, forgive me." He said, shame filling him. She waved him off, clearing her throat.

" No, no, you're alright. It's nothing traumatic. To answer your question, yes, that's my adopted mother. I was adopted by Mr. Aizawa and Naomi when I was 2. My mom is in the hospital currently, getting treated for a toxin in her body." She said. 

" That sounds a bit traumatic to me. You were adopted at the age of 2 for a reason I don't know and your mother is currently in the hospital getting treated for a toxin and on top of that, Mr. Aizawa is also in the hospital in an unconscious state. How are you so calm about this?" Todoroki questioned. She seemed a little surprised by how he analyzed all of that in less than a minute. She chuckled, glancing at her locket she'd left open.

" You know, I was ok before you analyzed all that, but you made it sound much worse." She said, taking her locket and closing it.

" ...! Gah...I'm sorry. Normally I don't pry like this. I hope you can forgive me...again..." He said as she clicked the chain around her neck once more.

" No, it's no problem. You're alright." She said. Later that day, Todoroki had left, leaving her home alone. She'd cleaned most of the house, not having much to do. Mon enjoyed having another person's attention. Now, it was just the dog and the person. The person and the dog. Kaori laid down on her couch, a blanket draped over her. Mon crawled up by the spot next to her, laying his head on her lap. There, he fell asleep in less than 5 minutes. She chuckled, looking back at the Aizawa puppet. She smiled.

" I hope you're doing alright, Chichi. I promise I'll come and see you tomorrow." She promised herself, closing her eyes. However, upon hearing the door handle jingle, her eyes shot open. She was up in a quick second, grabbing the extra capture scarf from beneath the couch. She put it on quickly as she held it out, ready to attack any villain. The door opened, suddenly crumbling her fierce demeanor. There in the doorway stood Shota Aizawa, her Chichi, his face and arms bandaged up so much you couldn't see them. Her lip trembled as he closed the door, her legs giving out. Aizawa rushed over to her, kneeling down to make sure she was ok. 

" Kaori, are you alright?" He asked, panic rushing through him. She looked up at him, tears streaming down her face. She latched herself onto him, hugging him tightly. He leaned his head on her shoulder, not being able to use his arms to hug back. 

" DAD, YOU....YOU MORON!! YOU H-HAVE NO IDE-A HOW SCARED....I WAS! I-I THOUGHT I WAS G-GOING TO LOOSE....YOU.....JUST L-LIKE HOW I L-LOST.....T-THEM!!" 

" Shh, shh....it's alright. I'm never going to leave you, Kaori. I'll always be there to pick you up. "