It was Marcus dreaded the most, she would have sensed him the second he woke and he was surprised she hadn’t come by now, she was going to be more than angry when she came and he knew it, and if Seth knew of how he had rejected his mate and why he wouldn’t turn Paige in fear of her acting the same way.

“Are you going to sit there until sunrise?” Seth asked waving his hand in front of his spaced out maker.

“Hmm, oh I’m coming now,” he muttered standing up and walking back towards Seth’s house.

Seth rolled his eyes and walked through his front door, he dropped her bag onto the stone floor in his kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cupboard, “Do you think she will want a drink?”

“I don’t know, pour her a whiskey,” Marcus said thrusting the bottle in his face.

“I was thinking more along the lines of water, put that away,” he said shaking his head, he turned the tap on and let it run before filling the glass and walking out of the kitchen.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Marcus told him as Seth walked up the stairs, he stopped to look at him and frowned, “I don’t expect you to keep me company, stay with her.”

Seth raised his eyebrows, he was going to anyway, the mood Marcus was in was irritating him, he would be no good for a conversation. He opened the bedroom door, slowly so that it didn’t scare her and she looked over at him.

“I brought you something to drink,” he offered awkwardly.

It was too human for him, and he wasn’t used to it he couldn’t remember what water tasted like, if it even tasted of anything. She shuffled over on the bed and he sat next to her passing her the water, she was still shaking he watched her as she drank and then passed him the empty glass.

“You’re safe now calm down,” he said softly not liking the way her heart was thudding.

A few days ago she would have laughed at that, a vampire putting her at ease, but she knew he wasn’t going to harm her, but he was asking too much for her to calm down she had killed a man and it was weighing heavily on her mind.

“You need to let it go, he deserved it if I had come while he was still alive I would have killed him anyway,” he said.

It wasn’t much of a reassurance, it was easy for him to say he killed every night, that was his life but it wasn’t hers she had a conscious.

“If I hadn’t brought him back with me he would have still been alive,” she whispered.

“Yes and he would have gone on to rape other women, he was not a good person and you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it, you defended yourself it’s as simple as that.”

He couldn’t get it out of his head either, he kept thinking about what he could have done to her, and when he had read her mind and seen that she had wanted him to come and save her he was furious with himself for not being there to protect her like he said he would.

“I should have been around, but there’s something else you need to know,” He said deciding he needed to tell her about Zak.

“What?” she asked.

“Zak, he’s been possessed by a demon and he’s coming for you,” he told her looking into her eyes.

She didn’t believe him, thought he was jealous, he could hear the thoughts spinning around in her mind, she was confused and dropping something like that on her wasn’t helping.

“Don’t be stupid!” she laughed.

“Well you’re not going to find out anyway because you’re not going near him again.”

She ripped the sheets from around her and went to climb out of the bed, but he put his hand on her chest and pushed her back down, he wasn’t letting her go again.

“You’re lying!” she hissed, she couldn’t believe he would make something like that up about her gardener out of spite.

“I’m not lying and I’ll prove it to you tomorrow night, I’ll take you Marcus can track him and you can see for yourself just what your precious gardener has become!”

She huffed and folded her arms over her chest, if he wanted to waste his time showing her something that she knew wasn’t true he could carry on, because she was sick of being treated like some fragile thing that was going to break if she was touched. Yes she had put herself in danger tonight but she dealt with it, she didn’t intend on killing the man but she it was him or her.

“Fine do as you please,” she said with a sigh, deciding it was so much easier to give into him.

Seth smiled triumphantly she was too easy, he thought she would have put up a bigger fight than that, but the sooner he proved how much of danger Zak was the easier it would be to protect her.

“You should go to sleep, I know you humans need your sleep,” he said turning the beside light off.

“Don’t you need to sleep?” she asked staring at him, even though the lights were off she could still see his beautiful eyes piercing through the darkness.

“Are you asking me to sleep in the bed with you?”

Paige blushed a deep shade of red, it wasn’t what she meant, but he got into the bed with a chuckle anyway and she shuffled to the edge so that he wasn’t anywhere near her, all that was running through her mind was what if he got hungry during the day and decided she wasn’t worth all the fuss and bit her.

“You can come closer, I don’t bite, well only sometimes,” he said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at him, what an ironic thing for a vampire to say she thought rolling onto her side so that her back was to him, she wrapped her hair around her neck and huffed when he erupted into laughter.

“You think your hair will stop me from biting you, that’s so funny,” he chuckled.

“Shut up!” she hissed, she grabbed a pillow and shoved it between them and he looked at her curiously.

“What is that for?” he asked still laughing.

Paige rolled over to face him and couldn’t help but smile, his smile was infectious and clearly he was finding her rather amusing.

“That is a boundary, you are not to come any further than that pillow!” she demanded.

Seth shook his head in amusement, the girl was insane if she thought wrapping her hair around her neck and putting a pillow between them was going to stop him.

“Right, and you think that a pillow is going to stop me, tell what is it you will do exactly if I move this?” he said picking the pillow up and throwing it over the edge of the bed.

Paige glared at him and sighed loudly, “I’m going home if you don’t stop behaving like a child!”

Seth laughed again, that was rich coming from her he was three hundred years older than her, and she had the nerve to call him a child.

“Alright love, just go to sleep,” he said with a final laugh.

**

Marcus had only been asleep for five minutes when he woke with a start, he could feel something, something big was coming and it was furious. He bit his lip it had been a long time since he had felt that connection, the pull to her, she was coming and she was more furious than he could have ever imagined. 

Vote comment Fan

Merry Christmas everyone, if you comment and my replies don't make sense blame it on the five southern comforts I have drunk lol :D