Switched.

"There you are! Where have you been?! I have been waiting for you for years!"

Tom stared at her with the most boring look on his face. He was wearing a crisp black suite. His hair was neatly parted at one side with his long curly locks hiding one of his eyes. His black blazer was hanging on his left shoulder.

For a moment, Leo felt dazed.

"It's midnight. What are you doing in front of the Slytherin dormitories?" He asked, looking quite tired.

Leo snapped back into reality. She pulled a large book from behind her with a toothy grin on her face. She waved the book around in the air like it was a trophy.

"I found the greatest book in the world and I just had to share it with you," she exclaimed excitedly while bouncing on her toes.

Tom merely rolled his eyes and grabbed the book from her. Leo had to bite her lips to keep herself from screaming in excitement. Tom squinted his eyes, trying to read the title of the book.

1000 things to try when bored.

"This is ridiculous," Tom deadpanned.

"It's not. Come on, we need to start moving," she slapped his back and pushed him foreward.

"Where are we going?" He asked as the girl failed to push him even an inch. He stopped her by placing a hand against her head. She even tried to push her head into his palm but the boy didn't budge. Admitting defeat, Leo slumped against his hand.

"If I tell you where we are headed, it won't be exciting anymore," she whined out.

"I have known you for too long to know that you are always looking for trouble. Therefore, I must prepare to face any kind of disaster," he stated calmly. Leo gasped and placed a hand against her heart, clearly offended by such absurd accusations.

"When did I ever-"

"Every single time."

Leo blinked at him twice, realising that he was not entirely wrong. Yet, she was not ready to admit defeat.

"Fine! At least I bring a little bit excitement in your boring life," she stated and flicked her hair that hit Tom against his chest. Without wasting any more time, she grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards their destination.

Riddle only rolled his eyes but followed her nonetheless. To be honest, even he was a bit curious. But he would never admit it in a million years, not even to himself.

They walked in silence for a while before and Leo couldn't take it anymore. Realising that she was still holding onto his hand, she let go of him while clearing her throat. Tom shot her an unreadable look which she missed being the oblivious queen she was.

"So, why are you all dressed up and was outside after curfew?" Leo asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I do not owe you any explanations," Tom answered making her smirk even wider.

"Did you get yourself a girl that I do not know of? I thought you would at least tell me. I need to decide whether she's the right one for you being your only friend," Leo shook her finger in front of his face while lecturing him.

"Why do you always imply I should associate with a girl. I am not capable of falling in love, Leo," Tom stated nonchalantly but Leo suddenly halted in her steps. Noticing that, Tom also stopped walking. He turned back with a stoic look on his face.

Leo couldn't believe he shared such a sensitive information about himself with her without any hesitation. She had to bite the inside of her cheeks to maintain her expression. However, Riddle thought that she was only waiting for him to explain the meaning behind his words.