Chapter 1: Arriving

Chapter 1

Katniss P.O.V.

"Annie!" I say happily.

People are looking at me as I run down the hallway in my green heels. Guys undressing me with their eyes. Ugh.

"Hey Katniss", she says and hugs me.

"When are we going to see a kiss?" Finnick asks excited.

"Would you really want me to kiss your girl?" I ask slyly.

"Hell yeah!" He says even more excited.

"All in good time my love", Annie giggles and stoke Finnick under his chin.

He looks disappointed and I laugh as I hook my arm around Annie's, and start walking towards our first class of the day.

Finnick is walking on Annie's other side. Arms crossed over his chest, being grumpy. People are looking at us as we pass them. We're popular. Our group that is.

Outside the classroom we meet the rest of the gang.

"Why is he so grumpy?" Gale asks, looking at Finnick.

"He got the big disappointment of the day", I laugh, patting Finnick on top of his head.

"Humpf", he scuffs.

"He wanted to see you kiss again didn't he?" Clove says sneaky trying to hold back her laugh.

"Yah", I laugh.

I look around after the teacher. Where is she? We have homeroom now, so it's not that important but Ms Trinket is never late. Like never.

Suddenly she comes running in her heels and she's got a big folder in her arm.

"I'm sorry my little mockingjays, I'm sorry, I was caught up with the principal", she says and opens the door.

The class walks in and take their places. I sit by myself because Annie is sitting with Finnick, Clove with Cato, Madge with Gale, and Glimmer with Marvel. I'm the only single in our group but I really don't mind it at all. I'm not looking to be in a relationship. I like being single, not attached to anyone.

Ms Trinket straightens her light yellow dress and fixes her ruffled hair.

I lean my chair backwards to talk to Annie, who's sitting at the desk behind me.

"Why do you think she's all woooo, today?" I ask making circles at the side of my head.

"I don't know", she giggles. "Isn't she always like this though?"

"Yeah but she seems extra tense today", I say.

"Yah".

"Okay class, I know I was late but there's no need to talk so loud", Ms Trinket says. "I was caught up at the principles office with your new classmate".

I lean back to my desk but look back at Annie. She shrugs her shoulders. We haven't heard anything about a new classmate.

"We haven't heard of this", Cato points out.

"And that's because we couldn't tell you, to avoid complications", Ms Trinket says. What? "You see, you're new classmate is..."

There's a knock on the door.

"...is here", she says, and walks to open up the door. "Welcome".

When she moves to let the person come in I see who it is. It's...

"Omg! Peeta Mellark?" A girl in the room shouts.

I rise my eyebrow.

Beside ms Trinket stands an ashy blond boy with messy hair, he has big ocean blue eyes. He has black tight jeans and an orange t-shirt that seems to be licked against his torso and a black leather jacket, which is unzipped. He has green converse on his feet and is pretty tall.