Chapter 25: Career Day

Start from the beginning

"Is it true they killed a human too?"

"Yes. We think the killer despises androids and possibly hates seeing androids and humans working together."

I decide to speak up this time. "I actually have a video of us at one of the crime scenes. Of course I censored things on there for the class with Connor's help. I was hoping we could show it?" I ask, looking at Ms. Parker.

She nods and I go to my book bag and grab the tablet I recorded it on. I go up and hand it to Connor who projects it up on the smart screen in the front of the class.

"I think I got it on," I say, the camera facing Connor, who has a dorky smile on his face.

Dad looks back at me for a second before looking back at the road.

"What are you recording for?" He asks.

"For career day. I told you about it the other day."

"You did?"

"Great to know you were listening to me." I deadpan.

"You know I forget a lot of things."

"It's fine. Just try to keep the cursing to a minimum."

"Me?! What about you?!"

"You curse like a sailor."

Connor shrugs. "She has a point."

Dad looks at Connor then back at the road. "Hey Connor."

"Yes?"

"Fuck you."

I bleeped out the curse words for the video but I knew what he really said. The class starts laughing.

"You just proved my point!" I say and start laughing.

Dad just flips me off and doesn't say anything.

We arrive at the crime scene and push through the crowd. I film everything around us.

"This here is Ben Collins. He's the one that usually gives us a rundown on the cases. Well... him or Chris." I say to the camera as I zoom in on Collins.

We walk towards him.

"Afternoon you three!" Collins greets us.

"Hey Ben!" I greet back.

Ben goes to explain the situation, but Dad puts up a hand to stop him.

"Let me guess, two victims again, one's human and one's an android."

Collins nods. "Victim's names are Darryl Bruce and Melinda."

"And let me guess, he threatened them with the gun again, tied them to chairs in the living room and gagged them, made Darryl watch him destroy Melinda, and then he shot him in the head," I say.

Collins chuckles. "Alright, I get it."

"Did the killer leave a note again like last time?" Connor asks.

Collins nods. "Yeah, follow me."

We follow him inside to the living room where the bodies are.

"Oh come on! I wanna see it!" One of my classmates whine when they see the bodies are censored so they can't see.

"No, you don't." Connor and I say simultaneously.

"Okay." I sigh. "Now we gotta find the head. Bet Gavin already found it."

"Oh no," Connor mumbles.