The Token Black Best Friend: Deconstructed

White boi: So, you're going to just follow me around everywhere? I'm not sure how to feel good about that.

Black bonita: But you're the main character. I'm just here, watching you like a lapdop, waiting for you to give me the orders. 

White boi: I don't necessarily like that. You have your own life and friends, and support and goals? Right? Not everything you do revolves around me.

Black bonita: Are you sure about that?

White boi: Well, yeah, you're on the basketball team. I was going to watch you there today.

Black bonita: So you could use me to ask out one of the girls on the team, right?

White boi: Well I mean yes, but you're important to me.

Black bonita: No I'm not. I'm just you're eternal slave, and you can make me do anything you want, and I will follow with no questions. NO questions. NO QUESTIONS. NO QUESTIONS!

White boi: You have a personality, a life, you don't need me, just be yourself, people will love you. We could star on a tv show, or some anime that young kids can grow up to and look at.

Black bonita: Oh no no no no. Even if I was important, all the fanfics will just be on you and all the other white characters. Because I'm just there to be there for you, and nothing more. It'll be all on you. And I'll be all on you. Because I'm not your friend. I'm just you're talkable token. And there's nothing, nothing wrong with that.

White boi: I'm sorry I missed your birthday. You don't have to be sassy.  You can do whatever you want.

Black bonita: So I can murder everyone in the school for their racist behavior,  including the girls that attack me in the locker room every day, the fact I needed to change my hair unless I got suspended, and the guys that cyberbully my appearance.

White boi: Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Okay, how about you get to be the main character, and I support you through this. I could be your white best friend.

Black bonita: Hmmm, so you'll be like my quarter?

White boi: You mean token?

Black bonita: Yeah, cuz they exist to support you and nothing more.

White boi: Well of course. I don't wanna see you hurt yourself.  Let me be your support while you figure this out. Without anyone else having to die.

Black bonita: Won't that make you my white savior?

White boi: Dammnit!

(To be continued)