𝟯𝟵 - 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲 | 𝗣𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀

Começar do início

"I know," He repeated, this time with a big proud smile.

I rolled my eyes playfully before placing my vape on the nightstand and slowly turning towards him. I winced in the process, but the fucker did absolutely nothing about it.

Just then, my phone started ringing. I cursed under my breath, having to turn around again to get a hold of my phone. I was surprised when I read the Caller ID, since it was Zayn who was calling.

Fuck, I had completely forgotten about him. I had been so stuck up in my own little bubble that I stopped giving a fuck about my actual life... I wondered how mad Zayn would be.

"Uh, hi?" I cleared my throat, but it had to be just an hour ago when I was gagging on a dick.

"Damn, what happened to your voice?" Zayn said headfirst.

"I have a, uh, sore throat." I cleared my throat again, but it was only making it hurt even more. "What's up?"

"A sore throat, right." He said suspiciously, but now the insecurities were popping by again.

What if he knew? What if someone had told him or he was suspecting me? Fuck, how could this happen?

I heard some shifting on the other side of the line, muffled voices as if Zayn had been covering the speaker to talk to someone else. I tried hightening my ear to listen, but it was barely audible.

"I'm back," He huffed. He sounded weird. "I, uh, I was just wondering when you'll... you know, come back."

"I'm still missing some things, I really can't tell." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Nat, where are you now?" Zayn asked.

He sounded uneasy, like he was running out of time for something. I had never heard him like this and it was starting to freak me out, it seemed as though he was paranoid about something. Fuck, what was going on?

"Argentina," I answered back shortly just when Harry gave me the oddest look. "Where are you now?"

I heard silence for some seconds, as though he was hesitating to answer. He stayed quiet for so long that I was starting to believe that maybe he hung up, so I was about to call out for him to check-

"Eh, Barcelona."

No way.

He couldn't have just said Barcelona, the place I was staying at no more than two weeks ago. This just evidenced my beliefs, maybe he didn't really trust me and that's why he had decided to go looking for me in Barcelona. Fuck, did he know? He couldn't know.

"Hold on, what the fuck?" I sat straight, which was probably a mistake because my whole ass started to hurt. "What do you mean you're in Barcelona? Why are you there?"

"I missed you." He whispered, so quietly that he sounded regretful. "I wanted to see you-"

"Zayn, I told you not to go looking for me! Fuck, you're risking your life, I kept you out of this to fucking protect you!" I snapped.

I knew maybe my words and my tone were a bit too harsh, but I was too pissed off to care. I was mad at him, so fucking mad, but I was also worried. I was scared someone might know who he was, there were so many things that could happen that I couldn't even bring myself to number them.

"I know, okay? I'm sorry, it's just-" He started, but he cut himself off as though he was about to say something he shouldn't.

"It's just what, Zayn?" I pushed. I couldn't hear anything coming from the other side. "What!"