The black haired girl left. She left Astera in the quiet and slightly lit up room all on her own as the only sound was the calm and steady breaths that left Draco's lips. She watched his chest rise up and down as his eyes remained closed, a hand over his stomach and the other on his side whilst his palm faced up.

From her pocket, Astera took out a ripped piece of paper with handwriting that was so messy you would not recognize as hers. She slightly opened his fingers, placing the paper in his palm and closing it gently. Her legs straightened up as she stood from her chair, moving her hair out of her face and kissing the top of his forehead, gently, careful not to wake him from his slumber.

She pushed open the doors on the room, exited and quietly walked herself back to the Ravenclaw common room. She was close, that is, until Harry had to stop her.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" she asked him, noticing his gaze and how his brows were knit together as if he was studying her, looking at her like he knew a piece of information that she did not.

"Could ask you the same. This isn't your part of the castle."

"Neither is it yours," she said, tilting her chin up and showing dominance as he stood with the same set of confidence she walked with, "If you have something to say, I suggest now would be quite... Efficient."

"Yeah?" he asked, tilting his head, "Alright. Why'd you follow me?"

"To stop you from doing exactly what you did," she said quicker than he asked, taking him aback, "Why'd you attack him?"

"Because he cursed Katie."

Astera stared back at him, her face expressionless and cold. Harry's eyes depicted a slight change in her stare, one that he recognized in Ron when he was stuck. Stuck in his thoughts.

"He didn't tell you that, didn't he?"

"Harry!"

Harry stood still before Astera as Hermione's shoes slapped the ground as she ran behind him, Ron quickly catching up to her. Astera's moved away from Harry's locking with Hermione as her face twisted with confusion and pain.

" 'Mione..?" her voice cracked, "How could you?" she asked, stepping to the left and moving herself to stand in front of Hermione. Harry and Ron looked at each other for a second before looking at the girls in front of them.

"I'm sorry! It just-"

"Slipped?" she asked, her lip quivering as she shook her head, "I can't believe you. I trusted you."

"Look, Astera-"

"Don't you dare start," she looked at Ron who shut his mouth as quick as he opened it. He backed away, standing next to Harry who noticed how guilty Hermione actually felt.

"I'm sorry, Astera, I didn't mean to!" Hermione said, "I told Harry that you have nothing to do with Katie and that you aren't even on his side."

"Oh, yeah and from the looks of it, Harry so believes it, don't you?" she looked at Harry who stood quiet, afraid he might say something wrong, "I can't believe I trusted any of you. You're just like the rest."

She locked eyes with all three, scoffing and pushing her shoulder against Hermione as she walked away, the energy and force in her fingertips burning with power she felt she could not hold. So she let it out. And all the light was gone. The fire in the hallways that lit them up was gone and the common rooms turned dark.

Harry looked at his friends, taking his wand out and lighting up their way. They followed Astera's footsteps but she was long gone, running outside the courtyard and falling on her knees in front of the tree Draco always climbed ever so easily. Her hand held onto the tree, feeling its carvings under her skin as she sunk to the ground, putting her back against the tree and pulling her knees close.