Lucky

You watched him out of the kitchen window as he walked around the yard. It'd become his daily routine after coming back from tour. After months of hotel rooms and flying all over the world, he needed his outdoor time. Time to breathe in some fresh air and to think.

Some days you'd join him, and some days you'd stay inside. Today was one of those days. He'd been working on a song for the new album, and you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was stressed and stuck, so you decided to stay inside to give him a chance to clear his mind. Every now and then, you would see him walk past a window, making you smile and giggle as you watched your cat slowly follow behind. Ash, too, had taken up the daily yard walk.

How you managed to be the lucky one who captured Park Jimin's heart, you didn't know. But you let the universe and him know every day just how grateful you were. He had found you when you needed him most, although you didn't know that at the time. The memory of your first date popped in your head.

After months of talking, you had finally agreed to go out with him. He didn't take you to a fancy restaurant. He'd taken you to your favorite spot by the river. The two of you spent the evening under the stars eating, talking, and laughing. Tears filled your eyes as you stared out of the bay window, at the place he now stood. Years ago, on that same spot, he had told you, "No matter how tough things get, I want you to know that I will always be by your side," before you two shared your first kiss on the riverbank.

~~END~~