11. GLAD TO DISAPPOINT

Start from the beginning

"What happened to the lights?" We heard her ask, in the darkness, but she was only met with a surprise when she opened the door and stepped in, she saw Jenny holding a cake with flickering candles around it as everyone sang the happy birthday song for her.

Lydia was smiling, she looked almost teary eyed as Jenny and Jensen hugged her and wished her. By the time the cake was cut and lights were switched back on everyone was clustered in groups while drinks were being served.

The crowd wasn't very big, just close friends and family it seemed, with how closely knit everyone was. Lydia's friends, and my parents were off to a side, talking and laughing.

Most people knew about Jenny's wedding, the ring on the finger wasn't at all subtle, so naturally many of them were talking about that, it was the hot topic apparently. It was especially hard to not notice how Kyle was hovering around her and glaring at every man who even took half a step in her direction.

Josh however wasn't deterred, as he walked up to her and then enveloped Jenny in a hug like she was his best friend. Which I guess is the truth...

Kyle however wasn't pleased as he glared at the guy, while Sam and I watched this whole scene with entertained smiles on our faces.

"He looks jealous." Sam stated the obvious, while he mixed some suspicious looking drinks.

"He's such a big baby..." I had to shake my head, as we walked closer to where Kyle was standing next to happily chattering Josh and Jenny.

"Stop pouting. It's not attractive." Sam told his friend as he handed him a drink. Kyle only pouted more as we pulled him aside.

"You'll have her attention soon, no need to look like you've been abandoned." I said, making Sam chuckle.

"Shut up you two, I could feel you judging me from across the room." He glowered, as he took a sip of his drink and then scrunched up his face "What the heck is this?"

"Wine juice..." Sam shrugged, as if he didn't just create that drink just to prank him. Kyle should know better.

"Sounds legit." I said, sipping my champagne.

"I don't care what you guys say, but he's being too friendly and I don't like it." Kyle said, eyeing Josh with distaste.

"Or you're just being overbearing and jealous....and I don't think Jenny's gonna like that." Sam said to my brother, and I smiled knowing he was pushing Kyle's buttons.

"Relax Kyle, somehow Jenny is smitten by your non-charms, she's not gonna be captivated by someone as cool and funny as Josh.... She's made her choice. Clearly a wrong one but...nonetheless, she's made it." I said and Sam was full on grinning from ear to ear while trying to hide his smile behind his drink but failing miserably.

My brother glared at the two of us, "I hate you both..." And then he walked back to Jenny as he took another abhorring sip of his drink, while we struggled to hold in our laughter. Sam and I teaming up on him is never not fun.

"By the way, Kyle is not the only irrationally jealous one around here..." Sam said, discreetly gesturing towards Jensen and I realised he was throwing figurative daggers at Sam for a while now. He sat with Lydia and others but definitely found a slot for some crucial glaring.

"I don't believe him..." I mumbled.

"Are you gonna talk to him, tell him I'm not flirting with you.... You know so that he won't meet me in a dark alley and try to fight me." Sam joked.

"I'm sure you can hold your own against him." I smirked.

"Of course I can, I'm worried for him, in case I break his nose, you know it's hard for me to control my strength sometimes...." I scoffed at his super exaggerated reasons.