10: DIE IN A DITCH

Start from the beginning

So much for avoiding him.

A second too late I realised I shouldn't have jumped, in fact it was a very bad idea when I could feel ice water slowly trickle down my face.

Shit!

I looked around to find water and barely cubicle ice cubes scattered everywhere. Jensen moved his hand away and let it drop to his side while he too looked down.

"What a mess..." Jensen said what I was thinking.

"You? You scared me!" I accused as I kept the now almost empty container I was holding on the counter next to me.

His eyes very slightly, obscurely narrowed as he spoke "I didn't mean to." He was currently sporting a white shirt and grey track pants, but still managed to look like a runway model.

I realised how close we were standing and took a sudden step back, only to lose my balance on the slippery floor, and then next thing I knew I was falling.

"Careful-" I heard his voice cut off as I fell forward. On him. And then he fell too.

We were both lying in a puddle of ice water and my face was buried in his shoulder. I could feel his entire tall frame pressed along my body, and his warmth was seeping through my clothes.

A moment passed after he hit the floor and then he asked, "are you alright?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that..." I said and when he chuckled I felt the vibrations in his chest on my cheek.

"I'm alright... you didn't hurt yourself did you?" He asked again.

"No, I'm fine... just a bit humiliated." I said, it probably sounded muffled since I was talking into his shirt.

"Is that why you're trying to hide your face in my shoulder?" He asked, sounding amused.

"I'm not ready to face my embarrassment yet..." I knew he wasn't gonna let this go. Dang it Alex!

But I regretted not getting up right away when his arms wrapped around me and held me closer. "I don't mind, you can stay put as long as you want." He said sweetly.

And now I was trying to stand up as quickly as I could, my fumbling hands tried to grab his shoulder to push myself up but he wouldn't let go. "Let me go. Now."

"But I was comfortable..." He said under his breath, but moved to stand up as I did too.

"Comfortable? In this ice cold water?" Which I'm pretty sure has soaked through the back of his shirt, and probably even his brain because clearly he wasn't thinking straight.

"Wasn't so bad with you on top... remember that, for future reference." He smirked. I never thought this could happen, but I realised that I actually missed that compulsive smirk of his.

And that only made me angrier.

I had to glare at him for that innuendo, "I hope you die in a ditch!"

His eyebrows raised, but he seemed nothing but amused, "I like it when you talk dirty to me."

"You're unbelievable." I frowned intensely.

"So I've been told..." He nodded with a smile, as if I just gave him a compliment.

Urgh!

I wanted to rip my hair out.

But since that was a painful option, I decided to leave. Just walk away Alex. Walk away.

He grabbed my arm, stopping me, "wait..." He said, "you've been avoiding me Alex." It was a statement.

"Wh-why would I avoid you? That just doesn't make any sense." I was suddenly stuttering.

"My point exactly, so do tell me...why?" He asked, seeming curious.

Talk about digging your own freaking grave.

I laughed again and it sounded all kinds of strained and forced to my own ears "what gives you that idea? Of course I'm not avoiding you."

"You're not picking up my phone calls again, we had a deal." he stated in a matter-of-fact tone, and then went on to add "and a few minutes ago, you ran the other way just as you saw me coming."

He saw that? Shit!

I couldn't say anything, my mind went blank and I felt tongue tied while I cringed internally.

"I must say...you're a pretty fast runner" he said, sounding amused for some reason.

"I was part of the track team in college," I told him. What am I even talking about?! I breathed and then answered him honestly, "yes, I was avoiding you, but can you blame me? Every time we meet y-you behave like this." I gestured to his whole body, "and you make so many random phone calls in the middle of the day and disrupt my work..."

"But those phone calls are the highlight of my day..." Jensen made a sad face, had the kicked puppy look down pat and I don't think he's ever tried that before because he looked fucking adorable. How can a grown man look like this? What the hell?!

"Alex what about the ice?" I heard Jenny's voice call.

"It's all taken care of!" I hollered back. It's absolutely not in the form of water and lying in puddles on your kitchen floor.

"Did you just lie to my sister?" Jensen asked, looking entertained.

"Shut up and help me make ice!" I said to him and quickly got to work. I hope she won't come in here.

****************************************************************

Do vote and comment, It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks for reading.💙